1960 Valiant Weatherstripping - Can't Find

-

mey6t6

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can find rear (pop-out) quarter window seals for my 1960 Valiant?

(New Paint Job!)
imagew2.aspx

okay... I added a picture of my Valiant...it was here yesterday! Where did it go???

Mey6t6,

I work for a company that sells parts for antique cars including weatherstripping. We do supply parts for a 1960 Valiant however there is one area which I'm still doing research on to try and find the correct item. I am hoping you might be able to help me out since you own a '60 Valiant. Could you tell me exactly what kind of weatherstripping the doors use? From pictures I have seen, it looks like there is some sort of rubber weatherstripping that goes all the way around the door openings on the body and it does not look like there is anything on the doors themselves. In addition to the rubber weatherstripping, I know there is windlace that goes around the openings as well. I'd appreciate any help. In the meantime, you can go to my company's website which is www.kanter.com. Thank you.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,
I'm the 1960 Valiant owner who ordered the weatherstripping kit that caused extra work for your company!

You are right, he door seals go all the way around the door openings and nothing on the doors.

There is no pop-out rear quarter glass on a '60 Valiant. The quarter glass, behind the rear door glass, is fixed and cannot be opened by any method (can't be rolled down, can't be popped out, not hinged).

You can find the quarter glass seals (and all other weatherstripping) for the '60-'62 Valiant/Lancer cars out of Australia; see here.

Mey6t6,

Is there any way you might be able to take some good pictures of what your door weatherstrip looks like? If you could take some digital pictures and send them to sales1<nospam>@kanter.com (just remove the "<nospam>" before sending. In the e-mail you can reference it to the attention of James, who you've probably been in contact with in customer service. I'd love to actually see what it looks like to get an idea of what we are dealing with. Thanks.

Jeff

yes, I know they aren't pop-out windows...I had my wife ask the question here while I was at work. The only set of quarter window seals I can find are in Australia...I was hoping I didn't have to end up paying $500 for the pair. The only set I can find, they want $250 a piece for them :(

-
Back