1961 Plymouth Valiant

-

Nigel Hely

64DartDownUnder
Reaction score
Searching for information on behalf of my auto-transmission guy so he can help another customer.
Who makes reproduction push button auto control cables? I am presuming he wants both (selector and park) cables. I haven't seen the car, he said the car is a 1961 Plymouth Valiant and I am assuming it is still left hand drive (we are in Australia).
Are these cables interchangeable with later cars (Dart, Signet, etc)?

Searching for information on behalf of my auto-transmission guy so he can help another customer.
Who makes reproduction push button auto control cables? I am presuming he wants both (selector and park) cables. I haven't seen the car, he said the car is a 1961 Plymouth Valiant and I am assuming it is still left hand drive (we are in Australia).

Hi Nigel,

I’m in Canberra, contact the Sydney R&S club, they have a guy who will remake them for you, apparently the same company that did the OEM ones for Aussie RHD cars, sure if you supply him existing they will make one
If you have troubles contacting them, send me a PM and I will send you a contact

Cheers ChrisB

Check with www.autocables.com.au —they're in Australia, which is a big advantage.

Imperial Services can probably provide the cables, too, if you feel like waiting one to five years after placing your order.
Thanks Dan,
We have a few places who can make-to-sample, we were hoping to buy a ready made, off-the-rack replacement. I'll pass on the information regarding Imperial Services.
Thanks again...

Hi Nigel,

I’m in Canberra, contact the Sydney R&S club, they have a guy who will remake them for you, apparently the same company that did the OEM ones for Aussie RHD cars, sure if you supply him existing they will make one
If you have troubles contacting them, send me a PM and I will send you a contact

Cheers ChrisB

Hi ChrisB,
Thanks for the information, I'll pass that on to the owner...
Cheers, Nigel

I found these guys doing a search. Haven’t used them personally.

Imperial Services - '60-'76 A-Body Parts
Thanks mate, I followed your link, looks like that might be a big help. I think the customer wanted an off-the-shelf part, rather than a make-as-per-sample replacement because the car would be stuck on the hoist waiting for parts to be made.
I'll pass that on, thanks for your help.
Cheers, Nigel

Off-the-shelf part is probably not going to happen—at least not with any time savings over build-to-order.

-
Back