1963 Dart Auto Transmission part identification

-

DeucesWild

Reaction score
Hello all, I was wondering if someone could help me identify a part I need. See the attached pic. That's where the linkage from the throttle comes down to the transmission and connects into the top of the transmission. That part is loose and I assume needs some sort of bushing as I am leaking transmission fluid from there. What is that bushing called? I have been looking on sites but have not come up with anything as of yet.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dart Transmission.jpg

Getting closer I think.. Looks like a diagram I found it's the throttle shaft, still can't find any bushing though

That's the transmission kockdown lever shaft I believe. The lever is connected to the shaft that runs to the inside on the transmission. You're going to need an exploded view on the transmission. They can be found on the web. 65'

That's the transmission kockdown lever shaft I believe. The lever is connected to the shaft that runs to the inside on the transmission. You're going to need an exploded view on the transmission. They can be found on the web. 65'

Kickdown, I just love auto correct! 65'

Thanks for the post Plymouth 65, I thought it was called the kickdown lever or shaft too. Here's the diagram I found if that helps, they call it the throttle shaft, not sure what kind of a bearing bushing goes around it but mine is definitely worn out..

63 dart transmission.jpg

It's a pain to remove the lever from the shaft without lowering the transmission. You may be able to get a flexible extension and socket in there to remove it. 65'

-
Back