1963 Dart trim clip sizes

-

Mineallmine

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am in the final stages of trying to finish my 1963 dart 170 2 door post and am starting to look for the trim clips. The ones I am looking for are the square ones for the trim around the rear glass along the roof line and the small ones for the trim that runs along the lower body line of the door, fender and quarter.

I can find lots of clips, and a bunch look like the right ones but no one has measurements listed. Also they usually are listed for different year cars and purposes. They might be the same clips but I would rather be sure.

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

I am in the final stages of trying to finish my 1963 dart 170 2 door post and am starting to look for the trim clips. The ones I am looking for are the square ones for the trim around the rear glass along the roof line and the small ones for the trim that runs along the lower body line of the door, fender and quarter.

I can find lots of clips, and a bunch look like the right ones but no one has measurements listed. Also they usually are listed for different year cars and purposes. They might be the same clips but I would rather be sure.

Thanks in advance
no idea oh which ones. im also curious because im have 63 trim i want to put on my car. ive only seen pics of what might go on them. zoom in and you can see. i had no idea where to drill the holes but realized there are marks on the back on the trim, dirty indications of where the old clips were, that i can use to get an idea where each hole in the car goes. do you have any pics of the side of your fender, door, and rear panel showing where the holes for your trim were drilled?

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l500 (1).jpg

s-l500 (2).jpg

no idea oh which ones. im also curious because im have 63 trim i want to put on my car. ive only seen pics of what might go on them. zoom in and you can see. i had no idea where to drill the holes but realized there are marks on the back on the trim, dirty indications of where the old clips were, that i can use to get an idea where each hole in the car goes. do you have any pics of the side of your fender, door, and rear panel showing where the holes for your trim were drilled?

View attachment 1715954688

View attachment 1715954690

View attachment 1715954691

Those look like the trim clips I need for around the rear window. Not sure if the size is the same or not. I have a dart 170 so I don't have upper fender stainless. I have thin lower stainless along the lower body line.

I have attached images and measurements of what I'm looking for. I found clips for a 1967 dart rocker trim that look right but need measurements to confirm measurements are in mm

20220715_105410.jpg

20220715_105432.jpg

20220715_105447.jpg

20220715_105501.jpg

I sold the clips from our 63 as we did not install the side mouldings. For the rest of the trim (used on the Valiant side mouldings) I use various sizes of these. Will require you to get into the body cavity for the nuts but they won’t fall off!

Universal Moulding Clip - 10/24x3/4 - Hillco Fastener Warehouse

Yeah, I have been considering that as well. Issue is that The inner brace around the rear glass blocks access to the inside. Don't really want to be drilling holes for access, especially after all the work I did to get that back to proper after the mess I was handed when I bought the car.

I think I might have just had a breakthrough today. Found a person selling the 1969 dart lower rocker trim clips (for the narrower trim) and they had the measurements listed. The measurements look like they match. I took a chance and ordered them. I'll keep you all posted. I'm betting they would work for the mid body trim as well as they were all pretty much the same size

Ok, a little update. Got the trim clips I took a chance on today. Took one out and measured it with my vernier and it's a perfect match. Every measurement is within .02mm of the original clip.

I would think it's the same as the mid body trim clips for the 63 as well. Looks the same.

So, end result is, if you need replacement clips for your rear window trim on your 63-64 dart you can order the trim clips for a 1967-1972 dart for the narrow rocker trim.

Still more looking to do for the narrow trim clips but those I'm confident I'll locate. Was more concerned about the rear window trim.

-
Back