1963 Dodge Dart Tailgate Questions

-

Janine

Reaction score
We recently acquired a 1963 Dodge Dart 270 Wagon with remote rear tailgate window. Unfortunately, the tailgate was lying in the back with the window & motor assembly and nothing else. There are no channels inside the tgate and the exterior handle is missing.We do have the interior handle. We hav fabricated some rods for now to open the gate from the inside but have nothing on the exterior. I just recently found the proper rods & linkage on Ebay. BUT...When we put the glass in (minus channels), the motor will take the window up and down, but it's always hot and won't stop in either direction. We read about a limit switch. Is the limit switch under the dash or is it mounted inside the tgate? If it's mounted inside, we don't have one and will have to purchase. But not knowing what we're looking at, we are at a loss. I was wondering if anyone had some pictures of what the inside looks like on a remote tailgate or could help us figure this beast out. I spent all evening looking for a wiring schematic and as with most Dart Wagon stuff, found nothing. Love this little beast but boy, tgate parts are VERY hard to find. That being said, also...if you have any inside channels, limit switch and exterior handle for remote tgate, please contact me!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance for your help.

I bought a complete power window tailgate for my 65. It's not yet installed so I will take a look and see where the limiter is located and get pics if possible.

We recently acquired a 1963 Dodge Dart 270 Wagon with remote rear tailgate window. Unfortunately, the tailgate was lying in the back with the window & motor assembly and nothing else. There are no channels inside the tgate and the exterior handle is missing.We do have the interior handle. We hav fabricated some rods for now to open the gate from the inside but have nothing on the exterior. I just recently found the proper rods & linkage on Ebay. BUT...When we put the glass in (minus channels), the motor will take the window up and down, but it's always hot and won't stop in either direction. We read about a limit switch. Is the limit switch under the dash or is it mounted inside the tgate? If it's mounted inside, we don't have one and will have to purchase. But not knowing what we're looking at, we are at a loss. I was wondering if anyone had some pictures of what the inside looks like on a remote tailgate or could help us figure this beast out. I spent all evening looking for a wiring schematic and as with most Dart Wagon stuff, found nothing. Love this little beast but boy, tgate parts are VERY hard to find. That being said, also...if you have any inside channels, limit switch and exterior handle for remote tgate, please contact me!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance for your help.

Ebay for the limit switch if you have to.
NOS MOPAR 1960-6 STATION WAGON TAILGATE WINDOW LIMIT SW (ouch:D)

-
Back