1963 Plymouth Valiant Convertible Signet 200

-

John Parks

Reaction score
Help us !! Last fall when we put our car to bed the rear window regulator broke. We have looked everywhere for a replacement for it. It is the rear passengers side we need but could use all. We have found that because it is a convertible it is a special part. We don't know if any other year will fit. If anyone of the A-body family can help us we would be so appreciative. We are searching for chrome parts, arm rests in good condition and anything else we can find.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last fall when we put our car to bed the rear window regulator broke.
John, post a photo of the broken part with detail shots of the broken area.

On the dome/ map light under the dash, is the lens flat or domed and where can I find one?
Post photos of the parts you're looking for.

if it is the one under the dash and looks like the one in pic#1 then It's domed . I had to make some copies for my 2 64 and 66 darts after I found one in decent shape but hazed too bad to use. I made mine clear though not frosted or that milky white. so 64 and 66convertibles had this type, I'm not sure about 63 or 65 since I haven't looked at any for that particular part .
20151221_103807.jpg

20151221_103730.jpg

Last edited:
I love your car! My first car was a 66dart GT conv. Midnight Blue, 340, auto tranny with a slightly narrowed rear end. I kick myself for letting it go at the age of 19. I'm now 58 and have slowed down with my new project, 63 Valiant conv., slant 6. Just building for looks and fun, not power.

That's just what I'm looking for. Have you made a few? If so, I'll buy one.
I don't have any left since I only made enough for the darts I currently have. Let me check and see if I have any resin left and and I can pour a clear one. I know I don't have any translucent white resin.

I'll see if I can find some thin plexiglass and something domed to heat in the oven at low temp, maybe that will work. If not I'm open to other ideas, but I think mine will work. I'll let you know. Thanks.

I'll see if I can find some thin plexiglass and something domed to heat in the oven at low temp, maybe that will work. If not I'm open to other ideas, but I think mine will work. I'll let you know. Thanks.
I'm trying to find some "milky" looking translucent resin so I can make some that look original. I'll post on this site when I find it and make some.

-
Back