1963 t'flite ID

-

64ragtop

Reaction score
The guy says it's a '63 small block pushbutton trans.

The #s on the driver's side pan rail are: E2464423 1327457

The first letter could be an F

Wondering is it's a good spare for my 64ragtop.

Thanks!

BC

i checked a round as best i can. in those years a general rule is if it looks like the one to be replaced it most likely will. do check that the a lineament pins are in the engine. should be 1/2" dia. and be sure the torque converter is set back in to the trans about 1/2 inch from the face of the trans case, to the bolt lug for the flex plate. or the converter will not be seated far enough. or it will damage the front pump when forced in place.

Thanks for the reply, moe. I'm thinking of getting this for a core, to be rebuilt while there are still a few old t'flite guys around. As you can see, it's not been stored very well. Don't know if there's a converter and it's got the ball and trunnion tailshaft. I haven't laid eyes (or hands on it yet, but certainly will before paying for it. Those are talking points and I'm thinking $100 to $200 tops IF the rest of it looks ok and I can pull the pan to see what's there. Any more thoughts are surely welcome! BC

Attachments

• tflt storage.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 67
iam not a trans expert. but i have found this EXTERNAL filter. first some hints. on the coolant lines if you use hose it needs to be high pressure hose. and fluid goes into the rear fitting on the left side. and ONLY use steel tubing ( 3/8" ),,, copper tubing WILL FAIL, or high pressure hose. when working on chrysler products and you are not sure what to do, look at how chrysler did it. dont think your know more than chrysler. iam not saying you cant improve on what chrysler did. but dont out think your self.
man o man i about forgot yes its a cut & past sorry. __________________
after you clean the trans. add this to your*chrysler*trans. an external fluid filter
1. go to auto-zone. get 2210, its called a power steering filter, but it is for transs to. it is for 3/8 tubing. by (magna-fine) be sure to use high pressure hose. Reff:http://www.magnafilter.com
2. for other sizes wix 58964 5/16 tube size

-
Back