1963 v-100 plodges Canadin valiant project.

-

Deryk Clair

Reaction score
Hello everyone my name is Deryk just wanted to introduce myself and tell you a little bit about my car. I am currently working on a 63 Valiant an extremely rare one as I am told, I just finished rebuilding a 360 stroker got a 409 transmission in there, three speed automatic with a B&M shifter and a stage two kit good for 450hp. The car is called a Poldger, I didn’t know that till I randomly found a post about it. Apparently it’s a valiant front end with a dart body. Right now I’m looking for a set of original 340 exhaust manifolds, if anyone has a set to sell please let me know.

Thanks guys.

Here’s a few pics.

24E4B9F8-70E6-419B-89AC-5038CA35E17A.jpeg

B7A6353F-3AD6-477E-B73A-0E83179EF99A.jpeg

DFF262C2-D342-4DE5-8472-A723D8AC9F73.jpeg

Very cool ride!

I have a 64 Canadian Valiant. Plymouth up front, Dart GT in the rear.

Suggest you kick off a wanted ad for the items you're seeking.

Welcome aboard

I see one that comes down to the Mopar show in Oak Harbor WA most years, always a popular car!

The car is called a Poldger
Well…no, not really. "Plodge" is not an official term or name, it's an attempt at being witty by some American wag writing or talking many years ago about non-US-market Chrysler Corp vehicles* which had a mix of US Plymouth and Dodge body components, that's all.

Technically, your car isn't a Plodge at all; it was not built with a single Dodge or Plymouth nameplate anywhere on it. It is a Valiant. Valiant was its own car brand (like Imperial, Chrysler, DeSoto, Dodge, and Plymouth) for 1960 in the US, then it became a Plymouth model for '61. But in Canada where the cars were sold at all Chrysler Corp dealerships, Valiant was a brand clear up through 1966.

Canadian Valiants used the US Valiant front end on the US Dart body for '63 and '64. That's how they were (all) built, because that's how Chrysler Canada's product planners decided they would be built.

*Whoah…like…there's other countries and stuff, like aside from the United States of America? And they, like, do stuff differently there, and have different products in the market? Git outta here; next you'll be tryna tell me they have, like, different governments and stuff.

Well…no, not really. "Plodge" is not an official term or name, it's an attempt at being witty by some American wag writing or talking many years ago about non-US-market Chrysler Corp vehicles* which had a mix of US Plymouth and Dodge body components, that's all.

Technically, your car isn't a Plodge at all; it was not built with a single Dodge or Plymouth nameplate anywhere on it. It is a Valiant. Valiant was its own car brand (like Imperial, Chrysler, DeSoto, Dodge, and Plymouth) for 1960 in the US, then it became a Plymouth model for '61. But in Canada where the cars were sold at all Chrysler Corp dealerships, Valiant was a brand clear up through 1966.

Canadian Valiants used the US Valiant front end on the US Dart body for '63 and '64. That's how they were (all) built, because that's how Chrysler Canada's product planners decided they would be built.

*Whoah…like…there's other countries and stuff, like aside from the United States of America? And they, like, do stuff differently there, and have different products in the market? Git outta here; next you'll be tryna tell me they have, like, different governments and stuff.
Lol!! Wow! Didn’t know that, thanks for the info

Mine is an American Dart, at some point someone put a Valiant front end on it. I like it and have no plans of changing it

20180914_141432.jpg

-
Back