1964 BARRACUDA FENDERS

-
I believe the top one is a 64 and early 65, the bottom is later 65. I may be wrong,and I'm sure one of the know-it-alls will correct it.

352796990135_1.jpg

s-l300.jpg

I'm not a know-it-all, but I've been under the impression the 64 fender has a wider chevron character line than the 65, like what you see in the pics above.

64 barracudas used the 65 style fender. They never used the 64 Valiant fender with the wider body crease.

I have seen the Valiant fenders installed, but it's not right. They also used a Barracuda emblem with a long tail on the early 64 Barracudas. I have been told later 64 Barracudas used the normal Barracuda emblem (short tail), but I ain't so sure on that one...
64BarracudaEmblems.jpg

Almost bought a valiant fender for my barracuda,realized its wrong.

The 1964 Valiant front fender is not used on the 64 Barracuda . The 64 Barracuda was a mid year car and used 65 front fenders,bumper,tail lights . The dash is 64 and 64 Barracuda trunk lids have a Valiant script .Other than that they are the same as a 65. The factory was already starting the 65 production when they were rushed to the market place to compete with the 64 Mustang

-
Back