1964 BARRACUDA Restoration

-

maverick

1964 BARRACUDA 273-5sp.
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a real good cleaning solution to clean thick hard glue stain?

I am stripping off the entire interior carpet of a '64 Barracuda, and the floor pan under this really ugly carpet has this hard glue stains everywhere... the plan is to clean the floor pan and rustproof the entire space that is rusty. I really want to spray the glue stains with something, and perhaps let it sit for a while and then wipe it right off... is there such a strong product for me to use?

Anyone??? :scratch:

Has anyone ever used this product called "GATOR GUARD"? :scratch:
Any insights will be highly appreciated...

Thats a tough one. You might use some type of paint remover, but I'd be very careful. How about heat and a scraper? Mike

It's everywhere, and it's so hard to scrape. I guess there is no such a thing as let-it-sit solvant kind of product that would wipe those gunks right off? :scratch:

Lacquer Thinner and a putty knife will take off the contact cement. It's an unpleasant job to be sure.

BEWARE OF THE FUMES FROM THIS STUFF, DO NOT USE INDOORS!

Get a knarly wire brush attached to a grinder, that will take it off if it's hard like you say. Or heat it to soften it then scrape. There's no easy solution except hard work!

Maverick, do you still need a cardboard glove box liner? I stripped that barracuda and have some parts I'll donate to the cause if you want. What do you need?

Neil:

I am so broke. I could not even afford to get that engine from EbaY, and I'll be very happy to accept any donation.. :thumbup:
You've just made my day!!!! Yippeeeee!!! :toothy7:

Can't help ya there, sorry. Get a 273, 318 or 340 and dress it up to look like a Commando and only you'll know why your car is more reliable, more powerful and cheaper to build and everyone else will think it's a 273 Commando.

-
Back