1964 Dart GT 273 4 speed

-

Rob64DartGT

Reaction score
I have recently been gifted my grandparents' car that they ordered brand new here in Sarasota FL. I have lots of fond memories in this car including learning to drive stick at 15 years old. I lost my grandmother last summer and my grandfather in jan. He was 90 years young. I am proud to keep in in the family. I got it running and slowly cleaning it up. Looking forward to talking to other owners about the many quarks that these cars have.

Welcome on board!!! Yep, post up some pictures when you can.

I'm sure your grandparents are looking down smiling knowing their car is in good hands!!

Welcome, I was born and raised in Sarasota during the time your Grandparents were driving their new Dart so I can't wait to see pics, I was crazy about Mopars even then and I might remember it!

They probably ordered it from Shay Dodge. Or maybe Wolfer Motors down in Venice.

Welcome Rob. Glad you are able to keep it in the family. Quarks? The engine bays are too small and parts are a little more challenging to find. But it is doable. Stay tuned and ask for help and advice, it's all here. Great car you have there, but post a pic or two.

Welcome Rob. Glad you are able to keep it in the family. Quarks? The engine bays are too small and parts are a little more challenging to find. But it is doable. Stay tuned and ask for help and advice, it's all here. Great car you have there, but post a pic or two.

I will thank you.

Welcome, I was born and raised in Sarasota during the time your Grandparents were driving their new Dart so I can't wait to see pics, I was crazy about Mopars even then and I might remember it!

They probably ordered it from Shay Dodge. Or maybe Wolfer Motors down in Venice.
Yes it was from Shay Robinson Dodge. My 6th grade teacher was Mrs Shay.

If I did this right here are some pics.

Attachments

• 20150227_122845.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 20150322_182954.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 20150502_134957.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 20150502_135018.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 118
Man, you ruined it with those wheels...

Nah just kidding!!!!! Those wheels look AWESOME on that car, they go perfectly with the paint.

Dang, that's a great looking car you got there:glasses7:

Beautiful car, I can't bring it up in my memory banks, but I'd take a wild guess and say the pic is in the general area of Ringling shopping center lol. Just a feeling I got.

-
Back