1964 Dart GT convert update --

-

rdb

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info in Sept/Oct when I first got the car.

Here you can see it w/ new top.. also has new hydraulics and cables, etc.

Now the real fun begins. Some may recall this is a pb auto, but I want manual like mine was.
Also mine has a later (early 70s?) slant w/ different carb and actually has 2 acclerators (!) with original disconnected. But car runs well... gone as far as 25 miles from home.

So I have found a parts car w/ 3 tree in black and slant complete (other wise really rough).

I had some counsel here to do a 4 /floor but those are rarer, most often paired w/ a V8, and mainly I learned here there is no rpm advantage... it's the same rpm @ 60 in top gear. The 4 floor just divides the shifting range up. Is this correct? Only downside to 3 tree is that there can be linkage problems that 4 floor (on tunnel) does not have.

Still haven't gotten a price from the guy on the work , but gotta start somewhere.

Other than that, the rebuilt radio just came back so going to install now and add an Audiovox FM converter just like I had in early 70s.

Attachments

• 20141119_165054.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 135
Well, I have a parts car on the way for enginer and 3 tree conversion, so although it won't be available for at least two months, I will have a p/b auto trans available. I have no idea if there is any demand for these or what a reasonable sale price is, but I hope to get something for it to offset the purchase price of the parts car.

-
Back