1964 Dart Wagon-Nose Interchangeability?

-

jeeper

Reaction score
I am looking at a 64 Dart wagon. I really dig the wagon, but I don't really dig the nose on the car. I have a 64 Valiant nose that is my favorite early A.

Can I interchange them? If so is it a bolt-on?

Also, where on the web are there early A wagon sites or information?

Thanks, ROB

I think they will interchange, as I've seen it done with a coupe. As far as just wagon site's I haven't found any as of yet. But I do know a bit about them. Wagon related parts are hard to find. It only took 2 years for me to find a back window. And a few more than that for taillight lenses.

valiants and darts have different wheel bases, but canadian valiants had dart bodies with valiant front clips, so my guess is you should be able to do it. however check other cars to see if the radiator support is the same.

I'm fairly sure that there are several different fronts that they installed on those cars. My favorite is the 64 Valiant nose on a wagon. I don't know what the actual name of that model of wagon is, but I like it.

Thanks, ROB

Personally the 64 Dart front is the best. Yes, the Valiant or Barracuda front will fit it, but it will look off.

I guess my question is this, didn't they put that model of clip on from the factory on some cars? If so, what was the model called?

Thanks, ROB

They were V100 or V200 series. They were actually valiant wagons. Different taillights that flowed into different quarters, and interior, along with front end. Other than that the same basic chassis, like darts.

I believe you can put one off a 64-66 with no problem. The body lines are the same as the doors interchange too. As for the Dart being longer, it was in the rear seating are where the added length was added

Hey DartCuda, you're right over the hill from me. Have you checked out the wagon on the Portland C.list?

Now that is a clean wagon. It is a 65 I think with a factory V8.

Anyways, I am still looking at getting the wagon.

I should know later this week.

Thanks, ROB

I've got a 65 Dart wagon - well, it's a Valiant-style body with the Dart front clip. If I had a drivers' side 65 Valiant/Barracuda front fender (have the rest of the front clip), I'd really be tempted to change it to a 65 Barracuda front clip (IMHO one of the best looking fronts on the early A Bodies).

-
Back