1964 Dart - Wiper Blades?

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Guy across the street from me has a fubar 64 Dart GT....
Asked me what wiper blades he needs to fit his car....
So I told him I'd ask the experts!

I'm all ears...

Jeff

They use a fancy little spring loaded hook to hold them on the arm. No off the shelf wiper will fit u might be able to find a J hook adapter to adapt a common wiper blade like newer cars but that would require modifications to the arm itself.

20171117_193107.jpg

They use a fancy little spring loaded hook to hold them on the arm. No off the shelf wiper will fit u might be able to find a J hook adapter to adapt a common wiper blade like newer cars but that would require modifications to the arm itself.

View attachment 1715111992
Ok....tomorrow morning I'll go take a good look at exactly what he has.....
Thank you....and great pic too!

Jeff

Not worth futzing with the original arms and their all-but-unfindable replacement 13" blades. New up-to-'64 arms with the bolt-on attachment have been N/A for years, and the springs in them go flabby and eventually useless for keeping the blade pressed firmly against the glass for a clear wipe.

My preferred fix: get two Anco № 41-03 universal replacement wiper arms. They're fully adjustable for correct length and blade angle, and are really well made with good, strong springs. They also come with nicely-designed adaptors to fit on the pre-1965 screw-down wiper shafts. I had worried they'd be ugly, but really, they look just fine and work well. There's also probably enough room to go to 14" or even 15" blades rather than the original 13s if you adjust the arm length and angle strategically.

(Then you remove and install them just like factory '65-up arms, by lifting the base up at its very end; the special tool makes removal easy, but you can use a rag and two screwdrivers if you're careful.)

Thanks for that dan I knew there was another solution I just couldnt remember the part numbers.

Not worth futzing with the original arms and their all-but-unfindable replacement 13" blades. New up-to-'64 arms with the bolt-on attachment have been N/A for years, and the springs in them go flabby and eventually useless for keeping the blade pressed firmly against the glass for a clear wipe.

My preferred fix: get two Anco № 41-03 universal replacement wiper arms. They're fully adjustable for correct length and blade angle, and are really well made with good, strong springs. They also come with nicely-designed adaptors to fit on the pre-1965 screw-down wiper shafts. I had worried they'd be ugly, but really, they look just fine and work well. There's also probably enough room to go to 14" or even 15" blades rather than the original 13s if you adjust the arm length and angle strategically.

(Then you remove and install them just like factory '65-up arms, by lifting the base up at its very end; the special tool makes removal easy, but you can use a rag and two screwdrivers if you're careful.)

Those are a nice option for someone who doesn't have the original arms or whose arms are crap. Thanks, Dan!

I can confirm, the Trico 44-130’s work well with the original arms. That’s what I’m using in mine and have for the past year I’ve had it. Didn’t feel like fiddling with it to fit something else, and they’ve worked well

Thanks, Dan. I'll look into this solution.

-
Back