1964 Dodge Dart GT Convertible

-

Jere Hodges

Reaction score
Folks, you may remember my garage post from December 2020 - well, we're 20 months later, and a lot has happened since then. I went from a rust-bucket badly painted white GT vert to a 3rd-place winner in class at Carlisle last weekend.

"All" I had to do was buy some body work, a great paint job, rebuilt engine & tranny, complete rewiring, install Legendary's legendary interior, do the convertible top twice, and leave Carlisle with more work to do - but Mathilda is all mine, all green, and all ready to show off.

The first pic is from where I started - the second is Mathilda in her prime, next to the class winner, a 66 GT Vert owned by the distinguished Mr. Richard Collins.

My car had no fender tag, so I decided on British Racing Green - like the 68 MG and 68 Jaguar had. I think it looks great, and apparently a lot of folks at Carlisle agreed.

I wanted to thank all of you for your input as I asked silly questions during this process, and thank you in advance for any similar questions I bring to the forum later.

1964-dodge-dart-gt (6).jpg

darts.jpg

-
Back