1964 Dodge Dart lug bolts

-

honcho

Reaction score
Broke all 5 of my rear lug bolts off putting new tires on. Is there anyway to put the new ones on by going from behind hub and threading them on with lug nuts? If not,do I have to take the whole brake system apart and hammer them in? Who would of thought changing a tire would lead to this! Thanks in advance:crybaby:

Yes that will work stack some washers on the stud turn the lug nut backwards [flat side in and go slow,we do it all the time when you can't beat it in from behind [besides you would not be able to on the rear due to the backing plate].

Sounds to me like you did the same thing my stepdad did and forgot about the left-hand threaded wheel studs on the left side of the vehicle. But yes pull them in from the back with a few washers and the lug nut.

Wow thanks guys. I completely forgot about the left handed threads. My Coronet is not like that. Well at least I can thread them in and not have to tear all the brakes apart. Thanks again

Be sure to get the good hardened ones, they sell natural colored ones at the local auto parts stores that I've had a couple of problems with .

I have found you sometimes have to grind a little on the big end or back of the stud to get it into the hub from the back side. Seems the replacements are just a tad longer.

Your exactly right zhandfull,had to cut about 1/2" off of each stud to get it in from behind,but it worked and I am happy. I just still can't believe I did a dumbass thing as I did,but what the hell,it turned out ok. Like I stated earlier.my 66 Coronet has the lefty lucy,righty tighty studs,so I don't know when Chrysler quit left handed studs

-
Back