1964 Plymouth Convertible Chrome question

-

WI-Barracuda

Reaction score
I purchased a 1965 Barracuda recently and found some chrome that was labeled 1964 Plymouth Convertible. I am hoping someone can help me identify what type of car it came off of and what it might be worth. Along with this chrome there was some long skinnier pieces that had a curve in them. I don't have pictures of those pieces yet, but will post when I do.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

IMG_20181118_161618494.jpg

I purchased a 1965 Barracuda recently and found some chrome that was labeled 1964 Plymouth Convertible. I am hoping someone can help me identify what type of car it came off of and what it might be worth. Along with this chrome there was some long skinnier pieces that had a curve in them. I don't have pictures of those pieces yet, but will post when I do.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

View attachment 1715251240
The top pieces look like the inside side trim for the windshield. The bottom piece looks like the inside top trim for the top of the windshield. Sides are cast pot metal, top is stainless. Do not know value but would be interested in buying them if you decide to sell. Frank

The top 2 pieces are the windshield frame side pillar trim, the bottom piece is the windshield frame top piece.

The top pieces look like the inside side trim for the windshield. The bottom piece looks like the inside top trim for the top of the windshield. Sides are cast pot metal, top is stainless. Do not know value but would be interested in buying them if you decide to sell. Frank

Could you send me photos of the side pieces so I can see if the finish is better than mine? Thanks Frank

Yes, the descriptions provided above for a 64 Valiant convertible are correct. Value depends to a very large degree on condition. Since the side pieces are pot metal rechroming is pretty expensive. Superfineshine in Chillicothe OH did mine and they look excellent, in case someone wants to buy tham and have them re-chromed.

Close up shows that they are like mine. Thanks, but I am going to pass. Someone missing the parts may contact you. Good luck. Frank

-
Back