-
Status
Not open for further replies.

VALIANTresearch

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for them...Have some good, solid ones around?
Did you take your stock ones off to upgrade?

Maybe we can work a deal...not rusty pieces o' ____ off field cars...please.

Ones good enough to blast and use safely, please.

Also would like to buy 1965 cCuda hubcaops/wheelcovers.

All in one shot would be a big help!
PM or: wagonstuff @ gmail.com

Thanks.

Hello, I have a very nice set of four, 13 inch stockers 5x4 bolt pattern. I also have the original wheel covers and good (almost new)tires. I took them off of the 65 pictured in my avatar. The car has been in my family since it was new and has less than 20k miles. No work required... bolt on and go! I live in Syracuse, NY. You can pm me with your location and a reasonable offer... Thanks- Roger

I have a set of 5- 13 small bolt- inch big drum with 4 hub caps tires are good tread may be weather checked. Off a 66 cuda i'm in florida.

Okay - I had to go do some research, since I was pretty sure they existed...14" wheels.
Where are they?
Guess I have been phrasing my want ad wrong...I will take a nice s13" set-up, but I thought the 14" wheels/covers from 1965 were easy to find.

No?

Surprised that everyone who offered 1964, 5, AND 6 ones on here were all 13".

I thought 1965-66 all were 14". can'
t find info. one way or the other.

I know of someone with a 1965 "S" who took off the
14" stock wheels and wheelcovers (which looked like the same design as the 1965 13" wheelcovers)...but does not want to sell them.

So apparently in 1965, there were BOTH 13" and 14"?
Then in 1966 13" were still available...were there 14"s on "S" models in 1966? Or...?

I have seen supposedly 1965 "S" wheels for sale, followed up, and they are 13" sometimes, too.

Confused!

Car had some old junk mags on it, and I want original steel wheels...would like 14", but if I cannot find them in the near future, I guess I'll go with a nice set of 13" offered to me here (was thinking I'd hear of 14"s, but I guess they are rare...?).

Already have new FR380s in the 195/75/14 sitting around!

I thought 1965-66 all were 14". can'
t find info. one way or the other.

So apparently in 1965, there were BOTH 13" and 14"?
Then in 1966 13" were still available...were there 14"s on "S" models in 1966? Or...?

Standard wheel in 65/66 (and maybe in later years as well) was 13 inch with the 6.50 x 13 standard; 7.00 x 13 optional. Formula S (and possibly Darts equipped like a Formula S) got a 14 inch wheel shod with a 6.95 x 14 tire. So yes, the 14 inch wheels for those years were pretty rare. For the Plymouth, there were 13 and 14 inch Formula S-style hubcaps with the 14s being pretty hard to find in any condition.

I see that you know about the Formula S 14 inch hubcaps/special lug nuts I have for sale here on FABO - http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=126769 - not sold yet. I wasn't thinking about the wheels/tires (195- 70 x 14) that on on the Valiant now, but guess I could move the car and get them pulled off if need be.

I see that you know about the Formula S 14 inch hubcaps/special lug nuts I have for sale here on FABO - http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=126769 - not sold yet. I wasn't thinking about the wheels/tires (195- 70 x 14) that on on the Valiant now, but guess I could move the car and get them pulled off if need be.

HELLO! Actually, I did not know of yurs.
Well...okay it appears that like when I start with any new type of cars I know little about, I have what turns out to be expensive tastes!

When I started reading and found these cars has 13" wheels I thought, "Nope - I'll have to change that somehow".
But I like things stock. So...14" stock wheels and covers?

Then I have seen 2 sets of 14" wheelcovers for sale.
So they exist. That's what I want, I decided.

Only 2 sets I have found (both junk) in the last bunch of months...only 2 sets!
Well now I know why...because they hardly put them on any of these cars originally it seems!

Really not wanting to deal with tiny wheels on a heavier, V8 car.
Dealt with the 13" wheel B.S. with early Ford falcons.
I liked them, then realized they ran on tiny roller skate wheels.
So to keep them looking stock but driving better, AND have good tire option in radials or Coker bias...you can use later Falcon 14" stock ones.
But you need to some some selective rear end/brake swaps done.

At least with Cudas you can just bolt the 14" lstock wheel sone...trouble is you have to find them!
Nothing's easy I guess.

***Dartman - I would be interested in the wheels...but the covers are rough.
Please PM me and let me know a $, okay? Thanks.
Greyhound, FedEx Ground and UPS are the best options to ship them I suppose.

ANYONE have any?

A set of 14"s have to have been pulled off of someone's car, to put custom wheels on, sometime! Where are they all, guys?

The only complete set of wheelcovers/special lugs other than the set for sale on here that I have ever seen (on "E_ay")...
were basically trashed.

Edges were all beat up, the lugs were covered with rust pits, and the guy wanted a lot.

===========================
Are these things THAT rare? I don't expect a complete setup for $100.- $200. I know they are worth some $.

But I want GOOD stuff. Have tons of offers for near-mint 13" wheels and wheel covers, but no 14"s yet. THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back