1965 Dart 270 new paint

-

bb66cuda

Reaction score
Here's some pics of the paint process on my 65 Dart 270 273 4bbl 4 speed. Paint is complete next is suspension and stroked 440.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

Looking great. I love red cars, but I`m a little biazed.

Looking good and I can see you have been very busy.:headbang:
I like your painter steps, In the 4rth picture.:thumbup:
I am 5'7 and I sure could have used them back in the day.:lol:
Keep us posted and enjoy.

great progress :thumbrig:.
Keep the pics coming.
She`s going to be sweet

That 65 is looking good!!!:thumrigh:
keep it up!! she's going to the upholstery shop this week.:hello1:
can't wait.

The car has been in storage for the winter, but the interior is all done to original specs. I've been working on my 65 Dart 270 wagon that was originally supposed to be a parts car for the red Dart. Changing it to a 4 speed slant six with white exterior and gold interior.

dartwagon 079.JPG

dartwagon 047.JPG

dartwagon 039.JPG

Who did the body/paint work? How was their pricing?

A friend of mine did the body and paint work near downtown san jose. Pricing was fair as they worked on this car almost 3 months straight. The body had some damage to fix, but now the car is flawless.

A friend of mine did the body and paint work near downtown san jose. Pricing was fair as they worked on this car almost 3 months straight. The body had some damage to fix, but now the car is flawless.

Do you mind sending on the name of your bodyman? San Jose is just a half an hour away from me, and if the work is good and the price is right, I'd like to use them when it comes time for my paint/bodywork.

BTW, your Dart in red is SWEET :notworth:

Do you mind sending on the name of your bodyman? San Jose is just a half an hour away from me, and if the work is good and the price is right, I'd like to use them when it comes time for my paint/bodywork.

BTW, your Dart in red is SWEET :notworth:

I'll second that emotion. The car looks great and it seems that you are rolling right along with your wagon as well. Would it be possible to get your friend's contact information? Perhaps we can send some business his way.

Your car is looking very nice.

What kind of paint did they use? I'm getting ready to start stripping mine down for paint. It doesn't require any bodywork to speak of(other than lining up the trunk/hood etc), but I'm not impressed with the paint job done by the last guy.

And you're dropping a big block in it? Wow. Thought about that, cause that's the kind of guy I am, but I'm opting for a 408 stroker instead.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

I'll second that emotion. The car looks great and it seems that you are rolling right along with your wagon as well. Would it be possible to get your friend's contact information? Perhaps we can send some business his way.

His name is Nick, phone is (408)655-5024. He basically is a 1 man shop, and works off of recommendations. This is the second car of mine he has painted and I've seen several others that he has done that all look very good.

-
Back