1965 dart convert vent window

-
67-69 convertibles and hardtops use the same vent window glass. Might be the same for the early cars. Any auto glass shop should be able to tell you.

if you only need glass-- put out an ad for a 64-66 hardtop/convert /barracuda piece-- they are all the same-- someone should have 1-- I sold 3 frames/glass assemblies for cheap-- they all had the glass-- so someone on here has some spares, Lawrence

Are there other years or cars that share the same vent window as the 65 dart convert? I broke one of mine. Oops!
Tom
yup 63-66 hardtop and convertible. use the same vent window.
I have not got a sedan so can't tell you if those fit.
but they don't use the same chrome piece that goes to the frame
tips are different. here is some pic's of the difference
I'd have to go look to make sure but I think the flat topped one is the convertible one..
if you do it this way you WILL have to remove the frame from the door.
after frame removal from door
if you take the screws out (3) on the front of the frame under the rubber, 1 of them is showing in the last pic and 1(screw) hole.on the bottom side (duh forgot to turn it over ) in the first picture to show the screw. you can use the hardtop SS trim and frame. just not the chrome piece.

or you can remove the bottom vent screw and roll pin, undo the top hinge screw and use just the window.
most of the time if you undo the top hinge screw the window will come out without the bottom pivot. that way you wont have to remove the vent frame.
View attachment 1008121504.jpg

View attachment 1008121504a.jpg

View attachment 1008121505.jpg

View attachment 1008121505a.jpg

Thanks. I'm sure I could have one cut, but I'm not sure that a glass co. could drill a hole in the glass.
Tom
oh they could cut it and put a hole in it. you have to do that before you temper it. but it's easier to get a wing vent instead of having it made. the glass companies charge a huge premium to make 1 off's. I got actual bronze tinted glass (not using tint film) that was used in a chrysler minivan for prototype stuff and had it cut down to fit in my 36 chevy. looked WICKED(now illegal to have that glass in the cars). since I worked in a glass plant and could use their machines to cut/grind and drill holes plus temper the glass it was cheap. I priced it using regular glass after I retired and was shocked at the cost to get 2 side windows cut and tempered. over 1200.00. needless to say I found stock glass for a lot less

Thanks for all the info. I have the frames removed right now. Car is stripped down to just a hull. Just got it back from paint shop.

66Dvert, what is that pic of the tail light?

those old things? that's the tail lights that I built for my 66 dodge dart.
I didn't like the fact that the dart only had outboard turn signals and brake light. I looked for a while to find replacement lights that would fit but nothing did, so I built em. now all 4 light up. running/tail/stop. I love em. and they even make the numbers that slantsix dan sent me a chart on so should be relatively safe and a darn sight better than stock. here's all 4 of them test fitted in and working.

I'm looking into finding a set of 65 light buckets and tail lights to see if I can get them to work similar. the back up light messes with me a little but I think I can even do that.
even though I might have to make it a dual brightness C ring that look like my running light that brightens for brake and turn and dims for tails/running light.

tails only without the bezels on
View attachment DSCF2768.JPG
Turn and brake. without the bezels on
View attachment DSCF2766.JPG

here is an out in the sun look.
tails or running lights with the bezels on
View attachment DSCF2764.JPG
brake or turns
View attachment DSCF2765.JPG

oops dangit didn't mean to hijack the thread,, now back to the regular programing..

as for the vent window
Try Waggin for a vent wing window Pm him I think I saw a couple doors over at his house last time I was there.

-
Back