1965 Dart Crewcab daily driver

-
Still deciding what I will do on my summer road trip - North to Alaska in my 4x4 or East on Route 66 in the Dart. Leaning on the latter, though the Squarebody does have cruise control which is nice.

I did my motorbike up to Alaska in 2017... was a good time but a llllooonnnggg way! Depending on your motivations, there's not really a reason the Dart couldn't make that trip- my plastic covered sport touring bike made it there and back just fine, albeit dirty by the time I got home...

I did my motorbike up to Alaska in 2017... was a good time but a llllooonnnggg way! Depending on your motivations, there's not really a reason the Dart couldn't make that trip- my plastic covered sport touring bike made it there and back just fine, albeit dirty by the time I got home...

My goal is Deadhorse, and while I know a Dart could make it I would much rather do it in something tall enough to not get sandblasted by everything in front of it. Also wouldn't mind doing some offroad stuff along the way. But more and more I think I will likely wait another year for that trip. I do two solo road trips a year usually - one in Aug-Sep and one in December. Yay academia!

That is one clean car, you west-coast guys are lucky.
I cant wait to see you adventures on 66.

That is one clean car, you west-coast guys are lucky.
I cant wait to see you adventures on 66.
It definitely looks better in pictures. The paint has orange peel and a few bubbles, and there is a bad rust repair in the passenger floor pan. But it is 60 years old and I haven't found a single rusted bolt yet so yeah.

I am definitely leaning towards Rte 66. Last time I did it was in one of my Land Rovers in winter - it snowed on me in the Wigwam Motel in Holbrook, that was neat!
IMG_20211215_073754.jpg

Snow out west must be a treat.

Snow out west must be a treat.

Oh we get snow out where I am - but I for some reason didn't realize how common it was in Arizona. This is my friend's house a couple of months ago. We are less than 10 miles from the Pacific, a little south of San Francisco.
IMG_20230226_120630.jpg

Woohoo, finally some updates. Installed the Pirate Jack disc brake kit, as well as a few new suspension components scored from @tubbedamx and a bunch of new bushings. Car is at the old school alignment place getting a proper alignment, and tomorrow I get back on the road.

Still deciding what I will do on my summer road trip - North to Alaska in my 4x4 or East on Route 66 in the Dart. Leaning on the latter, though the Squarebody does have cruise control which is nice.

Now I just need to figure out if there is any market for some lightly used brake components.
View attachment 1716085727
Any grinding or direct fit?

Any grinding or direct fit?

Dropped right in. Supposedly mild grinding is needed for 14s, but I went to 15" due to eternal backorders. The brake pads it came with aren't the quietest so I will be switching to some ceramics. Absolutely worth the change - drums stopped me fine in dry weather, but the unpredictability of which way they would pull and the dwindling availability of quality components clinched it for me.

Oof, it's been a while. Been playing with my truck and driving the Dart too much to do anything to it!

Finally got around to mailing my BBS out to Daytona Parts Co. They called me and let me know it was too far gone to rebuild, but they had this gorgeous thing on the shelf for what I considered a very reasonable price. Bolted it in and as soon as the bowl filled the car started up without a tickle on the gas pedal, then settled in to a smooth idle. First start in three days. Used to require a pump or two unless I had just shut it off. I am pleased.
PXL_20230906_013409078.jpg

PXL_20230906_013413709.jpg

PXL_20230906_013418189.jpg

PXL_20230906_013422390.jpg

-
Back