1965 Dart door hinges

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need the passenger lower, I think both sides will swap, If you find a source let me know. Bigmoe

I also need a lower hinge if you find a source let me know, thanks Bigmoe

I did a lot of research on A-body hinges last year; my '64 (still) needs new ones 'cause I haven't yet had time to install the ones I had rebuilt. Which means I've got them here in front of me to verify what I'm posting.

This gets a little involved: '63-'65 A-body front door hinges are all identical, position by position (lower left and lower right are different, upper left and right are same). 1966 lower hinges are different from '63-'65 (uppers are same), but the '66 lowers are fit/function interchangeable with the '63-'65 lowers. Replacement U-springs are not available for '63-'65 hinges, which is bad because that's one of the things that wears out, but -- here's where things get interesting -- '67 lower hinges are the same as '66 lower hinges. 2583 578 (RH) and 2583 579 (LH). And '68's are the same as '67s. And '69s are same as '68s, and '70, and '71, right on up. And new U-springs are available for the '66-up hinge. Which means you can grab a pair of readily-available '67-up hinges and send 'em in for rebuild, then bolt 'em onto your '65. There are plenty of places that do the work; I am partial to the work done by this guy who also makes special tools for Mopars. He doesn't appear to list hinge rebuild right now, but you can send him an e-mail at [email protected] . I like his work because instead of just putting new bushings in, he welds in a custom-machined sleeve in for full-length load-bearing support of the hinge pin…and it's got a Zerk fitting so you can grease it.

I have a set of '66 hinges from a Barracuda if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back