1965 Dart Tailight Wiring

-

PocketAces

Reaction score
I've been scratching my head trying to resolve what I see in my wiring harness against what is shown on the schematic in the factory service manual.

It apears as though somebody altered my car to put double filament bulbs in the inner tailights mounted in the trunk lid. The schematic shows single filament bulbs. Also, the splice for the second pair of wires does not look factory and there is no disconnect on two of the wires for removing the trunk lid.

I would appreciate if someone else with a 65 Dart would take a look at your tailights. I'm betting there will be just two wires going into the trunk lid and the lights in the trunk will be simple tail lights that do not blink or come on bright with the brakes. I also suspect that the disconnect plug for removing the trunk lid will be a simple single prong connector with two wires going in and two wires going out and into the trunk lid.

Anyone?

I'm thinking even if it's not stock I might keep it. Seems like a nice upgrade. I would probably add a disconnect so I can remove the trunk lid.

-
Back