Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1965 Dodge Dart 270 Coupe - $5000 OBO - San Diego Area

CL Ad has pix

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/3645788757.html

225Ci Inline 6 cylinder "Slant Six"
Automatic Transmission
Good condition, very little rust. Nearly all original.

This is an amazing car, considering It's been a daily driver for almost 50 years. There is a thick stack of maintenance records, an original factory manual, and is NEARLY all original. It gets a lot of looks because it's an un-modified classic!

I would like to give this to a good home. It would be a shame to let my teenagers wreck it!

Details below, More pictures uppon request.

Body: Two areas that need some rust remediation. The front driver side wheelwell behind the tire, and the driver floorboard. (this could just use some POR coating). Other than that, it's straight and CLEAN, with all trim waiting to be buffed and shined!

Engine. Runs great, all original slant six 225Ci. Has been rebuilt, not sure how many miles ago. As a kid, our family Baracuda got 250,000 on it. It's a legendary engine for torque and durability. The only add on was an aftermarket A/C compressor (twin cylinder). Everything but the compressor and condenser has been de-installed. THAT was probably done 35 years ago!

Transmission: 3 speed auto, works great!

Interior: The front seets are good... But the rest needs tlc. Given the classic nature of the car, with a new dash cover and floormats, i'm happy to show it off and be seen in it...

Some gauges don't work, but the speedo and gas gauge works fine! There are aux gages below the dash. An aftermarket stereo hangs there as well.

Electrical: Needs work, but works! Meaning a new wiring harness would be nice.

Brakes: Manual drums, single master. The front right pulses, and could use work, but it stops fine.

In summary, this could be a daily driver with a little TLC and maintenance (cars of this era were supposed to get tune ups every 3000 miles!), but should probably become a loved classic project car. It was my sisters before she passed away. Transferring it won't be a problem. Last registered in aug 2011, so it will cost about $250 to register. Plan on that.

Thanks for looking... Have a great day!

Ron

Good luck with the sale. I love the hills area of SD, BTW. Jullian, Santee, etc.

Thanks... We all learned to drive in a 67 Fastback 'Cuda with a slant six... My Dad had a '74 'Cuda with a 360, so we were a Mopar family. Sorry to see it go, but I just don't have the bandwidth for a project (time OR money!). I'm hoping to get it to someone who can appreciate it...

As a matter of fact, I will only sell it to someone who will preserve it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back