-
Status
Not open for further replies.

wahzinaplymouth

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Like many, I have too many projects and I am narrowing down a little bit so I can focus on getting a drag car track worthy. The first thing to go is my 1965 Dodge Dart GT, with the Commando 273 and a 4 speed behind 'er. The engine does run, but sadly I have never driven the car due to not quite getting to the brake system. The car sat for a long time, probably 10-15 years before I got my hands on it, and there was no resistance on the pedal. I have not found any leaks yet, but haven't done a deep dive either. Next steps for me would be to flush the fuel system and clear out any old gas and residue it may still have from sitting, and maybe bleed the brakes so I can drive it. The car is very complete, but will need a complete restoration as the paint has seen better days, and some rust repair is needed, namely in the both quarter panels and the floor. Under the driver side front floor, there is a 6-8 inch section of frame rail that has fallen victim of the rust of Utah. Rockers, and trunk floor are in great condition with no cancer or soggy metal. There are some rust through spots in the bottom rail of the trunk lid, and a little bit on the inner side of the driver fender where it sits within the engine compartment.The glass and trim are all there, and nearly all of it is very clean and straight. The interior is complete, though seats, headliner, carpet and dash pad are all in need of some love or replacement. I found some of the build sheet in my travels as well, probably about half.
I am located about 20-30 minutes south west of Salt Lake City. The ole Dart is definitely a project, but I feel it is worth saving. This car needs a good home with someone who can love it for what it truly is, and bring it back. I just can't be that guy right now.
Asking $2000 or best offer. I would also be interested in some trade plus cash. I am in need of a working set up of 73-76 A body disc brakes from the upper control arm to the lower ball joints that we could come to an agreed value on. I am negotiable on the price so don't be scared to ask questions, but I don't need to sell it either. I just want to sell it so I can get back on the track. Working on getting additional photos as well. Seems I need to do some re-sizing.
Thanks for looking gang and thanks FABO!

Attachments

• GT1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 2,066
A few more photos.

Attachments

• 100_3764.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,953
  • 100_3763.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,932
  • 100_3773.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1,909
  • 100_3757.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,904
  • 100_3762.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,915
  • 100_3760.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,891
Dropping the price to $2000 obo. I'd love to keep since it's a 4 speed and all, but I've been out of the drag racing game for awhile. Gotta move some stuff to make that happen.

Since originally posting, I have been able to move the car under it's own power- probably for the first time this century. Sounds pretty throaty with the glass pack under it. The carb does need a rebuild, but it's amazing what happens when the squirters can actually push fuel into the manifold. I've got the tank out of the car currently with the intention of cleaning it out. I have flushed the fuel line and hope to get the carb rebuilt soon if I have it much longer. I found what looks to be a 2nd build sheet as well as the owners manual. I am sad to sell it as I become somewhat attached to all my mopars, but I must thin the herd and concentrate on getting one of my projects done. I would take $1800 for the car but we're pretty near the basement unless there is some trade involved. I have mentioned a need for some '73-76 BBP disk brakes from upper control arm to lower ball joint but prefer a mostly cash deal.
I'd be curious to know what sort of interest there is in this car, meaning who is a fan and what do you like about them. There is just something about putting your hand on the 4 speed stick that makes you feel pretty cool.

One thing I neglected to mention in the original post is the rear axle. I've been asked about it and it pains me to say it has the 7 1/4 rear, non sure-grip with unknown ratio. At the moment, the gas tank is out of the car with intent to clean it, but haven't got that far yet. Been spending my extra time organizing some things in prep to sell a couple other projects I've been hoarding. I will post ads on these as the time comes. In the meantime, this cool 4 speed car is still available. I'd really like to see it go to a good home, and get treated to the restoration it deserves.
$1500

The Dart is still available. As much as I would love to keep it, it needs to go in favor of other projects.

Thought I had the car sold, but it is still available. I have since acquired a parts car which I am in the process of dismantling. I will include a very clean floor and front frame rail section to repair the metal that time forgot. I love the car, but I have to prioritize. It's got to go.
$1500 firm

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back