1965 plymouth Barracuda 273 commando, switching from 9 1/4 to 10 and 1/2 clutch.

-

ahlberg

Reaction score
Hi All,
Have a 9 and1/4 " clutch switching to 10 and 1/2". I have the clutch, pilot bearing etc for both set ups. However I do not have the correct bell housing, and I'm not sure what the difference is between 9 and 1/4 to 10 and 1/2 conversion.I am going to CPW fall fling on Saturday. Please if anybody has excact details (and Part #'s )to switch over that would be most appreciated. Part #'s pics , anything. Also pic's of throw out bearings right before the engine installed. Exact P/N, pics and Thanks everyone. Mopar to ya, 3 days away. This is the last MP show of the year. I know you guys can do it !!!!!!
Glenn !!!!!

I don't know part numbers but maybe someone more knowledgable can contribute those. Any later small block bellhousing works as long as the opening for the transmission bearing retainer is 4.354". (OD tranny uses 5-1/8") Look for the casting number 2892482. Grab a fork form a 66 or newer B&E big block that is 10-7/8" OAL. Use the pivot from your existing bellhousing. You will have to modify a ball stud and bracket for the bellhousing to get alignment or Brewers Performance sells one(BSB636 I believe) Shorten your existing bellcrank or use a Brewers Performance TS636.
Have fiun!

I,m assumiing you've already got the zero balance flywheel for 10-1/2".......?

I have a 1965 Dart 273 that I'd been going to convert from a 9 1/2" clutch to a 10 1/2". I've got a flywheel bell housing casting number 3743859 and a 10 1/2 resurfaced flywheel. I need to figure out what I paid for the two items and I'll let you know what I'd charge Monday (plus shipping).

Don

Here you go, check out these links asap and all your issues will be solved :cheers:

www.brewersperformance.com

I converted my early-a to the bigger 10.5 clutch set-up. I used a newer aluminum bell and stock flywheel. Everything else I got from Brewers! They make a conversion kit for the early-a and it is well worth the money!! It fit and works like a charm!! Brewers knows all about this and can help you over the phone, it will save you time and money searching for used stuff that you will have to modify to fit anyway..not to mention the frustration...get the kit!

The second link has some info on 833 4-speed info

http://www.slantsix.org/articles/4-speeds/ODA833fourspeed1.htm

I got a performance setup 10" from Fort Wyane Clutch. It was for the stock 9 1/4 flywheel. Works great only like 150 shipped. Saved alot of hassle.

-
Back