-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dynodonn

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
This car was built at the Chrysler plant in Los Angeles, CA in April 1965. The car spent its entire life in California until being bought and transported to Connecticut by a car collector in 2008. I bought the car in 2011 and had it transported to Milwaukee, WI. This car is now for sale in Milwaukee only due to health concerns.

This car is extremely clean. There is no evidence of rust or rot anywhere on the body, frame or underbody. The previous owner said that it is an original Formula S car and that the 56k miles on the odometer are correct. The bright red paint with the black Rallye stripes still shines, but does have a few minor flaws. All the chrome is in great shape; the front bumper could stand to be re-chromed but is still presentable. It has the rare 273 CI/235HP Commando V-8 engine which had a larger AFB carburetor installed but retains the Commando air cleaner and finned valve covers. It also has a Torqueflite automatic transmission with floor shifter, an 8-3/4 Suregrip rear, power steering, drum brakes, and AM radio. The engine pulls strongly in all gears, has excellent oil pressure at all RPM ranges, and generates no smoke or strange noises. It also has had a true stainless steel dual-exhaust system installed, but does retain the original Commando exhaust manifolds.

A few modifications have been made to the car for the sake of driving pleasure. The engine's ignition system was changed to an MP electronic unit, and I installed a modern mini-starter. The floor shifter has been changed to a Hurst unit still using the original floor console. Seat belts have been added for safety. The interior is all-original except the carpet which I intended to replace; the front seats are losing a little bit of foam which has dried out due to age, but the seat covers are all in great shape with no rips or tears. A conversion to large bolt pattern wheels was done by the previous owner, and American Racing wheels with modern radial tires were installed. The original gas tank developed a bad leak, so I removed it and installed a modern fuel cell in the trunk. I have all the miscellaneous parts necessary to put in a new stock fuel tank, including the sending unit.

The lights, gauges, etc. are all functional. The only exceptions to this are the gas gauge, which was disconnected when the fuel cell was installed, and the back-up lights which are in place but not connected. An aftermarket fuel gauge, oil pressure gauge, and Sun-Pro tachometer have been installed under the dash. There is no spare tire due to the fuel cell, but I do have the original bumper jack. There are two car covers, a new carpet kit from ACC, and some small spare parts that come with the car. I do have the original build-sheet for the car, although most of it has been eaten away by time. Sorry but there's no fender tag , it was gone long before I bought the car. The car does have a few miscellaneous rattles; please remember that this car is 50 years old and is original it has not been restored. As mentioned this car has a few flaws but you won't ever be ashamed to be seen driving it or at a local car show. This car runs cool in all weather, and I have driven it several hundred miles to car shows and would not be afraid to drive it anywhere.

The value on these early A-body Barracuda's is starting to go up, a non-Formula S Barracuda with the base 180 HP engine recently sold at the Barrett-Jackson auction for $20,000. The NADA value for the car is $15,780 for average retail and $24,360 for high retail. I am asking $16,000 for the car but I am open to reasonable offers, so please do not offend me with any low-ball offers! Please note that I also have a clear Wisconsin title for this car, so prospective buyers need not be concerned about that . I will take additional photos of the body, engine compartment, trunk, underbody, etc. by request and e-mail them to serious buyers. I have started the sales process for this car on FABO to give members first chance at it. Please PM me if interested.

Attachments

• 1965 Cuda Formula S S-PS.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 834
  • 1965 Cuda Formula S-DS.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 837
  • 1965 Cuda Formula S-Interior 1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 796
  • 1965 Cuda Formula S-Interior 2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 805
  • 1965 Cuda Formula S-Rear.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 833
  • 5505545-700-0[1].jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 711
  • WMMC_QUADEN_201436.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 772
I have now had a few inquiries about the car on FABO. One thing I will mention is that according to the collector I bought it from the car had one re-paint about 20 years ago. Just trying to disclose as much information as possible about the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back