-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dynodonn

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Car is now located in the Milwaukee, WI area.

This car has been a California car for most of its life. It is extremely clean, there are no signs of rust or rot anywhere on the body, frame or underbody. The previous owner said that it is an original Formula S car and that the 56k miles on the odometer are correct. Please note that I am not claiming that this is a Formula S car, but I believe the mileage to be correct. The bright red paint with the black Rallye stripes had one repaint about 20 years ago and still shines nicely, but does have a few minor flaws. All the chrome is in great shape; the front bumper could stand to be re-chromed but is still presentable. The front valence does have some minor damage but is repairable. It has the 273 CI/235HP Commando V-8 engine which had a larger AFB carburetor installed but retains the Commando air cleaner and finned valve covers, as well as the correct exhaust manifolds. It also has a Torqueflite automatic transmission with floor shifter, an upgraded 8-3/4 Suregrip rear, power steering, drum brakes, and AM radio. The engine pulls strongly in all gears, has excellent oil pressure at all RPM ranges, and generates no smoke or strange noises. It also has had a true dual-exhaust system installed.

A few more modifications have been made to the car for driveability. The engine's ignition system was changed to an MP electronic unit, and I installed a modern mini-starter. The floor shifter has been changed to a Hurst unit still using the original floor console. The front seat belts have been replaced for safety. The rest of the interior is basically all-original and the seat covers are all in good shape with no rips or tears. A conversion to large bolt pattern wheels was done by the previous owner, and American Racing wheels with modern radial tires were installed. The original gas tank developed a bad leak, so I removed it and installed a modern fuel cell in the trunk. I have all the miscellaneous parts necessary to put in a new stock fuel tank, including the sending unit which worked when it was removed. The lights, gauges, etc. are all functional. The only exceptions to this are the gas gauge, which was disconnected when the fuel cell was installed, and the back-up lights which are in place but not connected. An aftermarket fuel gauge, oil pressure gauge, and Sun-Pro tachometer have been installed under the dash. There is no spare tire due to the fuel cell, but I do have the original bumper jack.

There are two car covers, a new carpet kit from ACC, and some small spare parts that come with the car. I do have the original build sheet for the car, although most of it has been eaten away by time. Sorry but there's no fender tag , it was gone long before I bought the car. Please remember that this car is 51 years old and is believed to be original it has not been restored. As mentioned this car has a few flaws but you won't ever be ashamed to be seen driving it down the street or at a local car show. This car runs cool in all weather, and I have driven it several hundred miles to car shows with no problems.

The NADA value for the car is $13,150 for average retail and $20,300 for high retail. Note that these prices are for a base Barracuda, not for the Formula S version. I have lowered the price to $13,500 for the car but I am open to reasonable offers. Please note that I also have a clear Wisconsin title for this car, so prospective buyers need not be concerned about that . I will take additional photos of the body, engine compartment, trunk, underbody, etc. by request and e-mail them to serious buyers as soon as the weather permits. I thought I would try running another ad on FABO before putting the car on E-Bay and in Hemmings. Spring is coming to Wisconsin soon, so now is the time buy this very nice 1965 Barracuda.

Attachments

• 1965 Cuda Formula S S-PS.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 487
  • 1965 Cuda Formula S-DS.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 504
  • 1965 Cuda Formula S-Interior 1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 485
  • 1965 Cuda Formula S-Interior 2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 501
  • 1965 Cuda Formula S-Rear.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 446
  • WMMC_QUADEN_201436.jpg