-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dynodonn

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I thought I would try once more to put my 1965 Plymouth Barracuda up for sale. This is an extremely clean original California car, there are no signs of rust or rot anywhere on the body, frame or underbody. The red paint with black Rallye stripes was done about 20 years ago and still shines nicely, but does have a few minor flaws. It has what I was told is a 273 CI/235HP Commando V-8 engine which retains the Commando air cleaner and finned valve covers, as well as the correct exhaust manifolds. It has a Torqueflite automatic transmission with Hurst floor shifter and the original console, an upgraded 8-3/4 Suregrip rear, power steering, and drum brakes. It has a functional AM radio, as well as an AM/FM CD in the glove compartment. The speakers were installed with Velcro so this system could easily be removed if desired. The engine pulls strongly in all gears, has excellent oil pressure at all RPM ranges, and generates no smoke or strange noises. It also has had a true dual-exhaust system installed.

The engine's ignition system was upgraded to an MP electronic unit, and I also installed a modern mini-starter. A conversion to large bolt pattern wheels was done previously, and American Racing wheels with modern radial tires were installed. The lights, gauges, etc. are all functional. The only exceptions to this are the gas gauge, which functions but was disconnected when a modern fuel cell was installed, and the back-up lights which are in place but not connected. I do have what I believe to be the original build sheet for the car, although most of it has been eaten away by time. There is no fender tag , that was gone long before I bought the car. This car has won trophies at all-Mopar and other local car shows, and is the only early Barracuda present at most of them. Once I pay for winter storage next month the car will no longer be for sale until next spring. For this reason I have lowered the price to $12.500. The car is located in the Milwaukee, WI area. Since photos will not post properly from my home computer please PM me here at FABO if you are interested and I will provide you with photos of any areas on the car that you would like to see.

You can also see my Photo Garage here on FABO for a few basic photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back