Status
Not open for further replies.

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
1965 plymouth Valiant 100 2 door sedan. 97,2XX original miles. White with beautiful red bench seat, rubber floor mat interior. 225 C.I. Slant 6, 904 automatic, column shift trans, 7 1/4" rear end. Front disc brake conversion with 15" steel wheels. New suspension front and rear. New tires all around. New exhaust system from downpipe back. Complete running and reliable car, registered with current tags, driven regularly.

Interior is excellent - door panels, dash, rear seat in near perfect shape, rubber floor mat clean. There is one foot-long tear in the seat cover where the driver sits. Steering wheel decent, most glass is clean and clear however there are scratch marks on driver's side door glass from vandalism. Vent wing chrome like new. Headliner good, no sags or rips. Weatherstip//windlace will need replaced, have new windlace, goes with car. Sill plates are passable but could use a good polishing. Heater, instruments, lights all work well. Sun visors are not trashed but could be replaced. Kick panels very good. Driver's side fresh air box door has a broken hinge, but it's not hanging off. Again, dash is like new. Glove box is perfect. Pass –side armrest base broken, but comes with the car. Radio delete!

Undercar was coated, so unit body is good.The original paint has started to deteriorate which has caused surface rust spots on some panels. Started to remove original paint to asses rust situation, lower half of driver's side is in primer. Driver's side rear lower quarter will need attention, has small rust damage. Lower driver's side fender will also need rust repair, however, these spots are fairly minor, no major rot. Body is mostly good and straight except for previously mentioned surface oxidation. Trunk is very good with only slight surface rust in small areas. Interior bottom of doors will also need surface rust attention. Areas around rear window appear good and cowl appears good. There are two small dents; one on pass side front fender wheel lip and one on front of hood. May have had a small fender bender at one point, some panels will need to be realigned for perfect fit. Doors open and close fairly well. Will need grille replaced, have good one, comes with car. Engine bay will need to be cleaned up. Surface rust around master cylinder area from leaking fluid treated with rust converter. Surface rust on rear lower valance where bumper brackets mount to panel. Bumpers are mostly straight and presentable, but have some pitting. Door handles show crazing. Wiper assemblies are excellent. Headlight rings excellent. Rear trunk spears and rear tail lamps are straight and chrome is good, lenses good, no cracks. Chrome locking strip around window gasket will need to be replaced.

Mechanical: engine runs well, accelerates well. Has one barrel carb, single exhaust. Ignition converted to electronic with new plugs and wires, fires up easily and provides excellent performance and drivability. New exhaust from downpipe back. Replaced water pump and radiator in 2005.

Brakes have recently been converted to front disk using the Mopar Action procedure. Brand new factory replacement brake lines front to back from Right Stuff Detailing. New MP aluminum master cylinder. Spindles came with the shorter caliper adapters, so 10.87 rotors were utilized. Custom bent lines were fabricated for MC outlet ports. All lines tied into a Summit adjustable prop. valve/distribution block. Factory re-man calipers are used with new pads, rotors, bearings, seals and hardware. All new rear drums, shoes and hardware.

Has large-ball joint upper and lower control arms from a '73 A-body, restored with new bushings and hardware. Entire front suspension has been rebuilt including new strut rods. All new bushings and hardware on all components. Has V8 center link. New KYB shocks on all 4 corners. Brand-new HD leaf springs from ESPO with new shackles, bushings and hardware.

Tires and wheels are as follows: fronts are 15" x 5.5" LBP black steel with BFG Radial T/A P205/60/15. Rears are Wheel Vintiques 15" x 8" SBP black steel (4.875" backspace) with BFG Radial T/A P245/60/15. All wheels are running the original dog-dish hubcaps.

Transmission shifts OK and does not appear to leak, however, car will definitely need U-joints, clunks when put into gear.

Car will come with: custom outdoor California car cover, good grille, new red windlace, and a new speedometer cable. Also going with are the original points-style distributor, original 13" steel wheels, original control arms and strut rods and some other pieces removed and replaced during the suspension rebuild.

I had planned to convert car to 4 speed and began collecting necessary parts; I have the difficult-to-find floor hump, pedal assembly and an empty floor-shift steering column tube and collar. These parts will go with the car for the right price.

I sell reluctantly since I am the second owner of this car and I know that it could be made into a very cool and economical street machine.

Asking $4,500.

Pictures here. More pics available on request. Feel free to bug me with questions, I'm happy talk about the car. The Valiant is in Brooklyn, NY.

Weather permitting, I will be at Englishtown on Sunday, May 18 for the Mopar Atlantic Nats. Let's set something up!

Greg - 917-501-7125.

IMG_8285.jpg

IMG_8295.jpg

IMG_8303.jpg

Nice ride. Be even nicer sitting in memike's driveway, especially after the stuff he just went through. Ya'll want to chip in and see what we can do? With all the Gold members popping up, I know there's some loose cash floating around on this site. :-\"

New York !!! I have not took a plain ride in a long time.
yep that sure would fit the bill.=D>
douse the Fender amp get thrown in.:thumbrig:
You have dun allot of good work to that little valiant.
You will find a owner soon I am sure.
We have some great folks here playing with me.
good luck on the sale.

My old 63 valiant 200 sig valiant photo shopped by a member here.

LIFE 004.jpg

LIFE 045.jpg

LIFE 342.jpg

New York !!! I have not took a plain ride in a long time.
yep that sure would fit the bill.=D>
douse the Fender amp get thrown in.:thumbrig:
You have dun allot of good work to that little valiant.
You will find a owner soon I am sure.
We have some great folks here playing with me.
good luck on the sale.

My old 63 valiant 200 sig valiant photo shopped by a member here.

Hey, thanks for the compliments. I had a lot of fun working on the car, some of that stuff underneath hadn't been touched since it left the factory. I kinda felt like I was an automotive archaeologist. It's actually a great car, I hope it goes to a good home.

That Fender amp is a sort of rare piece. It's big brother the Super Champ goes for BIG bucks. Some people like the Champ II better though, less circuitry, less things to interfere with the tone. Champ II's are Rivera-designed, two-year-only little screamers that sound huge for 18 watts. Too bad one of the tubes took a dump the other day.

if this gets serious im willing to throw in some money to get memike the car just let me know if we really start collecting money to try and buy it for him. Justin

if this gets serious im willing to throw in some money to get memike the car just let me know if we really start collecting money to try and buy it for him. Justin

With this many members (Members: 6,725), it would barely cost each of us 75 cents to buy this car collectively!

Someone set up a Paypal account where we can donate our quarters. :)

With this many members (Members: 6,725), it would barely cost each of us 75 cents to buy this car collectively!

Someone set up a Paypal account where we can donate our quarters. :)

I'm sort of warming up to this idea. It would be a great story of generosity!

I am however, not up on what happened to MeMike's car. Can anyone tell me the story?

I'm not an expert on the story, but basically he found this little '63 for sale. Turns out the guy selling it isn't the owner, it's in his ex's name. Memike finds her, buys it but then the old guy locks the car up so nobody can get it. Then his place burns down, but the barn doesn't...but then he disappears along with the car.

How are ya gonna get the car to Memike? I'll pitch in some money, but gotta know how you'll get the car there?

I would Fly in to new york and take a slow ride vacation home back to northeast Arkansas in the Valiant.:love7:

I will say it again im not the right guy to start the collecting and getting a paypal account set up to put the money in i have no idea how to do it, but if someone takes the time to set up a way to do this and we can find a way to get the car to memike i'll throw in 20.00 i think memike deserves the car. Again if someone takes the time to do it please let me know and ill put my money in. Justin

I'm in for $50.00, but you have to swing by the Eastern Panhandle of West by God Virginia on your way back to Arkansas:drinkers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back