Status
Not open for further replies.

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Decided to try again. The original "MeMike" object of desire!

1965 plymouth Valiant 100 2 door sedan. 97,2XX original miles. White with beautiful red bench seat, rubber floor mat interior. 225 C.I. Slant 6, 904 automatic, column shift trans, 7 1/4" rear end. Front disc brake conversion with 15" steel wheels. New suspension front and rear. New tires all around. New exhaust system from downpipe back. Complete running and reliable car, registered with current tags, driven regularly.

Interior is excellent - door panels, dash, rear seat in near perfect shape, rubber floor mat clean. There is one foot-long tear in the seat cover where the driver sits. Steering wheel decent, most glass is clean and clear however there are scratch marks on driver's side door glass from vandalism. Vent wing chrome like new. Headliner good, no sags or rips. Weatherstip//windlace will need replaced, have new windlace, goes with car. Sill plates are passable but could use a good polishing. Heater, instruments, lights all work well. Sun visors are not trashed but could be replaced. Kick panels very good. Driver's side fresh air box door has a broken hinge, but it's not hanging off. Again, dash is like new. Glove box is perfect. Pass –side armrest base broken, but comes with the car. Radio delete!

Undercar was coated, so unit body is good.The original paint has started to deteriorate which has caused surface rust spots on some panels. Started to remove original paint to asses rust situation, lower half of driver's side is in primer. Driver's side rear lower quarter will need attention, has small rust damage. Lower driver's side fender will also need rust repair, however, these spots are fairly minor, no major rot. Body is mostly good and straight except for previously mentioned surface oxidation. Trunk is very good with only slight surface rust in small areas. Interior bottom of doors will also need surface rust attention. Areas around rear window appear good and cowl appears good. There are two small dents; one on pass side front fender wheel lip and one on front of hood. May have had a small fender bender at one point, some panels will need to be realigned for perfect fit. Doors open and close fairly well. Will need grille replaced, have good one, comes with car. Engine bay will need to be cleaned up. Surface rust around master cylinder area from leaking fluid treated with rust converter. Surface rust on rear lower valance where bumper brackets mount to panel. Bumpers are mostly straight and presentable, but have some pitting. Door handles show crazing. Wiper assemblies are excellent. Headlight rings excellent. Rear trunk spears and rear tail lamps are straight and chrome is good, lenses good, no cracks. Chrome locking strip around window gasket will need to be replaced.

Mechanical: engine runs well, accelerates well. Has one barrel carb, single exhaust. Ignition converted to electronic with new plugs and wires, fires up easily and provides excellent performance and drivability. New exhaust from downpipe back. Replaced water pump and radiator in 2005.

Brakes have recently been converted to front disk using the Mopar Action procedure. Brand new factory replacement brake lines front to back from Right Stuff Detailing. New MP aluminum master cylinder. Spindles came with the shorter caliper adapters, so 10.87 rotors were utilized. Custom bent lines were fabricated for MC outlet ports. All lines tied into a Summit adjustable prop. valve/distribution block. Factory re-man calipers are used with new pads, rotors, bearings, seals and hardware. All new rear drums, shoes and hardware.

Has large-ball joint upper and lower control arms from a '73 A-body, restored with new bushings and hardware. Entire front suspension has been rebuilt including new strut rods. All new bushings and hardware on all components. Has V8 center link. New KYB shocks on all 4 corners. Brand-new HD leaf springs from ESPO with new shackles, bushings and hardware.

Tires and wheels are as follows: fronts are 15" x 5.5" LBP black steel with BFG Radial T/A P205/60/15. Rears are Wheel Vintiques 15" x 8" SBP black steel (4.875" backspace) with BFG Radial T/A P245/60/15. All wheels are running the original dog-dish hubcaps.

Transmission shifts OK and does not appear to leak, however, car will definitely need U-joints, clunks when put into gear.

Car will come with: custom outdoor California car cover, good grille, new red windlace, and a new speedometer cable, new lower quarter panle patch and new windshield gasket. Also going with are the original points-style distributor, original 13" steel wheels, original control arms and strut rods and some other pieces removed and replaced during the suspension rebuild.

I had planned at one point to convert car to 4 speed and began collecting necessary parts; I have the difficult-to-find floor hump, pedal assembly, slant 6 alum. bell for an OD and an empty floor-shift steering column tube and collar. These parts will go with the car for the right price. I also now have a clean '65 273 4BBl intake that may also let go for the right price. I have a set of 273 motor mounts too, so putting the little engine in there would be a snap.

I sell reluctantly since I am the second owner of this car and I know that it could be made into a very cool and economical street machine.

Asking $4,500.

Pictures here. More pics available on request. Feel free to bug me with questions, I'm happy talk about the car. The Valiant is in Brooklyn, NY.

Greg - 917-501-7125.

IMG_8285.jpg

IMG_8295.jpg

IMG_8303.jpg

Yep :cheers:That is one great valiant rmchrgr.
I hope someone takes a close look at all the great work that has been but into your car, New York is a loooong ways from Arkansas.
But as you know I am happy and enjoying my 66 little /170 Sedan.
I wish I already had the updates you have put on your Valiant.:-D
Hope all go's well and you find a good home for this great Valiant and parts.

Yep :cheers:That is one great valiant rmchrgr.
I hope someone takes a close look at all the great work that has been but into your car, New York is a loooong ways from Arkansas.
But as you know I am happy and enjoying my 66 little /170 Sedan.
I wish I already had the updates you have put on your Valiant.:-D
Hope all go's well and you find a good home for this great Valiant and parts.

As always, thanks for the kind words Mike! It really is a solid car and a great starting point for an easy project. I had hopes it would be you in the driver's seat, but things worked out pretty well for you regardless!

Cheers!

Greg

Still trying to sell... any offers out there?

Economy Mopar for these difficult economic times!

:geek:

This is a solid, running and driving car with new brakes and suspension, plus some extra parts. Interior is very clean, trunk is great, floors are good. It's got killer street machine written all over it...

Anyone?

its a very cool looking car.Looks like it woulbe be a quick/easy one to paint back white,and ride.Wish i could afford it:angry7: I hope you gey what ya want for it,its a very nice car.

its a very cool looking car.Looks like it woulbe be a quick/easy one to paint back white,and ride.Wish i could afford it:angry7: I hope you gey what ya want for it,its a very nice car.

Thanks for the compliments! Definitely an easy project! C'mon guys! This thing will FLY with a healthy small block in it!

See this link, plenty of pics here:

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj214/rmchrgr/

If you'd like to see something specific that's not in the album, let me know I will get it to you.

Just gonna keep bumping this thing up to the top.

Solid car - needs a good home!

How about we skim a little off the top - $3,500?

Offers welcome. Don't be shy!

:smilebox:

Damn dude, I would love to have this car! I can't believe you still have it, it will sell. If I had some cash to buy it would be mine, I already have all the V-8 stuff.....:toothy10:

Let this great car go to a good home
rmchrgr!! Like everyone here has said already, I can't see way it has not sold
before know.
I hope someone will step up and snag this great A body up.
You have the price way down on her and I hope she moves to some one here.
It sure would look nice setting next to mine.
I wish I was a man with money, that would be here with me know.

You have so many upgrades and new parts installed disc brakes and lines and more.
Who ever is looking for a great start on a Dandy A body you better take a good look at what this man is offering up here!!!!

11.jpg

Do you have any pictures of the interior floor(under the rubber mat)you could post?And any of the trunk?Thanks,Bob

No photos of the floors. I never took the mat up. I've spent many hours underneath the car and can say with confidence they're solid. Factory undercoated!

Here's a pic of the trunk:
IMG_8315.jpg

Many more pics in the Photobucket album. CLICK HERE.

Thank-you for the additional photos.I hear what you're saying about how it looks underneath;my concern would be water trapped from the inside under the mat.My guess is you have rapped on the floor boards and not put a fist thru them...Bob

Thank-you for the additional photos.I hear what you're saying about how it looks underneath;my concern would be water trapped from the inside under the mat.My guess is you have rapped on the floor boards and not put a fist thru them...Bob

Bob - I understand your concern, but I'm confident the floors are good. No fists have gone through metal, there's no flaking, holes, scale or any other such malady underneath that would indicate rot from above. If it's any comfort, the floor mat is in really good shape - it still retains good color, it's pliable and supple and not cracked or torn.

Considering the condition of the trunk sheet metal, frame rails, underside and interior (all good), I'm pretty sure this car was garage-kept for most of it's existence.

I would be up front about it if I thought the floors were an issue.

- Greg

I'm rather perplexed and kinda bummed out. I wanna know why no one has stepped up to buy this car. I see A-bodies in much worse shape being offered for and going for more on a regular basis. Is a '65 2 door post completely undesirable? What is it? I think the price is fairly reasonable. It's got a good, clean interior, new suspension and disk brakes. It's not totally rusted out and the one spot that's got a small hole I'm providing a new patch panel for. There's the extra parts that go with and on and on. Obviously the economy plays into it, but as far as I can tell, guys are still buying and selling cars. This one would not break the bank.

WHAT GIVES? Perhaps I'm missing something. I've never had such a hard time selling a car in my life.

:banghead:

Your car is exactly what i'm looking for. But I can't afford to buy it without selling mine. Would hate to sell mine and then yours is gone. If I had the extra money right now it would be mine. Good luck you will eventually sell it for that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back