1965 Power Steering Brackets (Federal pump)?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
I am going nuts trying to find a reference, photo, or video on what a complete '65 Abody Federal power steering pump looks like with all its brackets/hardware (and how to affix it to the motor). Pictured is what I have found so far (took the motor out two years ago and just now trying to put it all back together). I would appreciate any help getting this thing back on track. Thank you.

Federal p:s pump 1.JPG

federal p:s pump 2.JPG

fedear p:s pump 3.JPG

Thanks, but I am looking for brackets already attached, I need to make sure. It's very difficult to determine when brackets are loose and there are many different bracket versions to boot.

No problem. I thought the Bracket in pic on LHS was whats missing. Give you something to look for. Bracket on RHS looks like yours.

Actually, after some research it looks like you, Kendog 170, hit the nail on the head in post #4, that pair of brackets are what I need. Well, I have the one, need the other (LHS). Thank you.

I almost to the point of considering fabrication of a second bracket. How difficult could it be?

Just need to find some way to stabilize the other side (inside) of the pump so tightening the belt won't throw the pulley angle off too much.

I wanted to post some pics earlier, but just couldn't get to it.

My '65 Formula S.

qFuuaZh.jpg

nRZ2wBT.jpg

iEQmH69.jpg

cvMs9Zp.jpg

That looks like a two-piece bracket resembling those in the 1965 Mopar Parts Book, probably exactly what I am looking for.

That looks like a two-piece bracket resembling those in the 1965 Mopar Parts Book, probably exactly what I am looking for.
If you'll note, my pump has the larger return hose and the nipple points up. As I understand it, that makes mine an earlier pump. I think pre 67???

That last foto from post #19 is different with two bolts available on the back side, must be TRW pump. Well, my fabricator is going to use these last bunch of fotos as a basis for our custom piece.

That last foto from post #19 is different with two bolts available on the back side, must be TRW pump. Well, my fabricator is going to use these last bunch of fotos as a basis for our custom piece.
If you need more photos, let me know.

-
Back