1965 Valiant $250.00 score !!

-

damraider

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I found it on CL . It took 3 hrs to pull it from the garage it had been inside of for the the last 27 yrs !! All four wheels were locked up and had to drag it down the street a few times to free them up. 65K miles driven by the guys mom, all the sheet metal is perfect, no rust. The motor and brake system is shot though. My Barracuda could sure use the sheet metal infusion .......Here are some pics.

65val006.jpg

65val005.jpg

65val004.jpg

65val003.jpg

65val001.jpg

Nice find!

I might be interested if you part it out let me know.
That steering wheel looks perfect in the pictures would love to have that.

Nice find!! There must be somthin in the air as I just came across two wagons one 64 Dart the other a 66 Valiant. The 66 is only good for a few parts as it was slammed in the rear and motor and trans is gone along with most of the front end. Whereas the dart is pretty complete. He wants $200 for each. I'm trying to get the Dart, and I'm going to try and get him to part the Val where it sits but he sounded like he only will get rid of them as whole cars.

does anyone have a dash pad they would want to part with. im not worried about the condition unless you have a pristine blue one. ha! i just need something because mine is gone and then i can put a cap on it and paint it whatever color i need. thanks!

That's a helluva deal! I'd drop a modern V-6 in it and make it a gas sippin daily driver!

Man just think if that was a two door, even at four the body almost seems to good to cut up, but I'm sure it will be going for a good cause if its resurecting your ol'Cuda. Nice buy, congrats:cheers:

does anyone have a dash pad they would want to part with. im not worried about the condition unless you have a pristine blue one. ha! i just need something because mine is gone and then i can put a cap on it and paint it whatever color i need. thanks!

PM sent

Great find! Looks like there's plenty of solid metal there. Lots of potential. I found mine in a carport. Someone had bought the house it was in and the new owner was gonna have it scrapped. Fortunately, I had been praying for just such a car to come along, and the guy let me tow the car home...FREE!

Of course...getting it running again was far from free.

Great find there! It looks too good to cut up. It looks like it would be worth fixing and selling,then you could buy new body panels for the Barracuda,but I know how it is when you want to finish your project.Auto Body Specialties has the panels for the 64-66 Barracudas now. If you do use it for parts,please let me know!

Bring it over to the shop, and we'll weld up the rear doors, and turn it into a Hairy'ish Canary'ish street terror that'll scare everyone into submission.

Next time, block off the license plates. Everyone gonna show up on our doorstep knowing that all the rust free MoPars are here in California!! Sshhh.:-D

Thanks for all the props !! After fooling with the motor all day Sat and Sun IT RUNS !!! Changed the M/C and all the wheel cylinders and got the brakes back to working. Found a set of SBP 14" steelies with nice tires and poverty caps for $50 on Craigslist, and took it out on a cruise with the family yesterday . Drives very nice and the radio works great. Can't believe it, it was a blast of a 3 day weekend, my 11 year old son helping with all the work (poor guy was worn out yesterday, LOL!!) and wife and daughter with all the cleanup. Need to polish the paint and some TLC but should be a fun car.

Thanks,

Steve

Glad to hear it's working out for you and your family. And taking them on a little road trip in it to show off their work is always helpful, and will hopefully set the seed to do somthin along the same lines as they get older.

-
Back