1965 valiant ( need brake advice )

-

moparjr

Reaction score
got bbp disc on front (new calipers too ), got 8 3/4 in rare with good brakes and line, now i need help as there was no brake line on my car when dad got it for me. things i need help on
1. what master cylinder bolts on (dad says i need dual res)
2. what valve or blocks needed
3. does someone have a complete kit of bent lines
4. hoses to connect calipers?

i appreciate the help,dad told me i had to get this part done before paint goes on......

thank you

1. Used a master for a manual disc '74 Charger on my '66 Valiant.

2. Prop valve from most any '73 up car with single piston calipers should work but '73-'76 A body is preferable. Mine came off a '75 Duster.

3. Fine Lines has a prebent set that I know of. For the money you're better off bending your own. It's not that hard if you take your time and make templates with coat hanger wire.

4. I used caliper hoses for a '73 A body that fit fine if you chuck the caliper end of the hose in a vise and bend it just a bit so the hose is pointing away from the spindle a little instead of parallel to the spindle. If you don't want to try this just get hoses for a '76 up Aspen/Volare.

You may want to give some thought to getting a set of BBP axles and using B body, '73 up A body, or '76 up FMJ body 10X2 1/2" drums. The savings on parts and availability will pay for the axles after a couple of brake jobs and you will have BBP on all 4 corners. :cheers: Before I forget, Welcome aboard!

We had to make new lines, I can't remember the brand, but $35 pair of pliers, would been line in 2" radius.

-
Back