1965 Valiant sedan vs hardtop interior/seat question

-

nick455440

Reaction score
Have a question, looking to buy new seat covers (front bucket bench rear) for a 65 Valiant. Classic and legendary list the back seat as hardtop rear. Called them and they said the rear seats are different from hard top to sedan, one has rounded corners on the base near the doors for leg and swing in room ( mine is rounded and sedan) and they said one is straight across. Which to me makes no sense as the front seat fold on both Hard top and sedan. Have been able to find a few pic of back seat on both sedan and Hard top and both look like mine with the more rounded corners. Anyone else run into this or know if they are truly different? Thanks all

I’m sorry but I’m not sure of the details but I don’t think they are not totally correct.
I think for some years there is a difference between two and four door rear seat cushions. The four doors having the rounded corners for ingress & egress.
They may think a four door is always a sedan & two door always a coupe but that is not the case with our Valiants. And I think at some point this idea of having two cushions was dropped.

-
Back