1965 wiring

-
Is the question how to disconnect the engine bay wire harness from the bulkhead connecter?

I can't remember if it has the small tabs on top and bottom, but that is how I remember it. So my answer is squeeze connector vertically and pull gently.

anyone know how to relies the wire from the harness plug at the firewall
If you want to take the complete plug with wires in it there are 2 press in clips on the side of each connector (three connector sections in the engine bay side bulkhead )

if you want to remove the Wire from the connectors first gently un clip the connector you want from the bulkhead connector (make diagram if you do not have a service manual, trust me I been there and you don't want to hear some of the things I've said to my wiring harness) then look in the side that plug's into the bulkhead you will see the male or female connector in the opening you will see on the top there is a little cut back sort of like this
___|-----|_____ this top part contains a clip
| |
|_____________|
Take a small flat bladed screw driver and slide it into the top part and press in and wiggle a little bit , then gentle pull on the wire that is in that slot to remove it.

the clip has a tang or clip that locks into place when you push the wire in the connector like this
so when you push that angled piece down it releases from the connector
_______\____

hope it made sense to you , it's really easy to do once you've seen it done or done it yourself once, first time sucks

I was wrong on one part of the wiring ,.. if it's a male spade connector you have to squeeze the sides of the blade sticking out to collapse it a little in order to pull it out of the connector

sorry bout that.

-
Back