-
Status
Not open for further replies.

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Have for sale the 273 from my 66 Valiant. Was pulled from a 66 Barracuda by previous owner, but I'll have to check the numbers to be sure.

Engine has a 2bbl carb.
Has a newer style waterpump on it but have the timing tab to put back on an original iron water pump. Currently still have the pullies for use with power steering.
Still have the alternator brackets that were on it.
Has the flex plate still on it.

This motor runs but is worn out...meaning it smokes, leaks, and burns oil. The rods chatter at startup but smooths out once it gets oil. Not sure of oil pressure as I never had a gauge on it, just the stock sensor.
It also has a few leaky freeze plugs and is grimy and oily. It did power my Valiant for the last 3 years but just got replaced during the weekend.

Some positives about this thing.
Has a forged crank.
Has floating rods.
Has adjustable iron rocker arms.
It runs, lol.
Guess that's about it, lol.

Asking $150 obo. Would have to come pick up as I really don't want to ship this thing as I don't have the time.
Need gone ASAP as I need the $$$ and my bud needs his garage space, lol.
Located in Colorado Springs, CO.
Will post pics soon.
Thanks!

P.S. If this doesn't sell as a whole, I'll part it out, which I really don't want to do, lol.

This motor is completely torn down. Cam and lifters are gone.

Block has a casting year of 65 and is standard bore.....$25
Heads are super worn and are casting numbers 920 and 315....$25 for the pair.
Rods are full floaters/set of 8.....$10
Forged crank already turned .010/.010, didn't spin any rod bearings and might clean up with a polish, small hole for converter hub............$50

Prices do not include shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back