1966/'69 A100 Twins Build

-
Rust issues all fixed on this side and the disaster of a roof is shaping up nicely. Too hot to shoot epoxy right now. Later this afternoon. Only thing left is fixing the rust in the corner of the bed and fixing the rear bed lip where it got hit with a forklift or something. I have the patch.

IMG_5424.jpeg

IMG_5425.jpeg

IMG_5426.jpeg

IMG_5427.jpeg

IMG_5428.jpeg

IMG_5429.jpeg

IMG_5430.jpeg

I feel your pain with regards to temps. Had to order plastik honey to hopefully be able to get filler spread. I asked SPI about temps for epoxy and was told it loves heat. I have sprayed several times at 110 or more. So I hope so….

I feel your pain with regards to temps. Had to order plastik honey to hopefully be able to get filler spread. I asked SPI about temps for epoxy and was told it loves heat. I have sprayed several times at 110 or more. So I hope so….

My problem is the metal gets to 180+ outside. It dries too fast for my liking at those temps. In the shade I would be spraying but it won’t fit in my garage on the rotisserie

Another rust repair project I was putting off till I had to do it. Box behind the wheel well repaired, inner rocker cleaned (was blasted through the cutout floor section) and coated with a thick layer of epoxy primer. Rust is stopped. All welding on left side of truck is done. Shot with epoxy so I can skim coat it and block it tomorrow.

IMG_5435.jpeg

IMG_5436.jpeg

IMG_5433.jpeg

IMG_5434.jpeg

IMG_5437.jpeg

IMG_5438.jpeg

Looking great Jim. As much epoxy as you have used over the last few years, I bet the SPI guy will answer your calls on the first ring, 2AM on a Saturday night! LOL. Stuff ain't cheap, but it's worth every penny.

:thumbsup:

Looking great Jim. As much epoxy as you have used over the last few years, I bet the SPI guy will answer your calls on the first ring, 2AM on a Saturday night! LOL. Stuff ain't cheap, but it's worth every penny.

:thumbsup:

:rofl: I get Christmas cards from most of the guys

Left-hand side, is roughed in. Man these things are crooked I’ll never complain about an early A body passenger car again. The rains are moving in fast again had to get it locked down with epoxy and I need more filler.

IMG_5442.jpeg

IMG_5443.jpeg

IMG_5444.jpeg

IMG_5445.jpeg

IMG_5446.jpeg

IMG_5447.jpeg

I obviously need lesson on spreading skim coat and blocking. You get a lot done quickly!

I obviously need lesson on spreading skim coat and blocking. You get a lot done quickly!

Lesson 1) just don't be fussy in the beginning... skim in the early morning when it is cool and the material window is much wider so you can mix up a crap load and slap it on....

Another day, another storm possibility and another skim coat and blocking. This side is ready for 2k and the final details. Finally. Probably will have to do another skim and block on the other side to be happy.

IMG_5450.jpeg

IMG_5451.jpeg

IMG_5452.jpeg

IMG_5453.jpeg

IMG_5454.jpeg

IMG_5455.jpeg

IMG_5456.jpeg

IMG_5457.jpeg

After starting to straighten up the body line this morning it became clear this side was NOT that great with a fresh eye and morning light. Even with good blocks a tried a true straight edge needs to be at your side during the ENTIRE blocking time. Now it is straight, my straight edge agrees.

IMG_5465.jpeg

IMG_5466.jpeg

IMG_5467.jpeg

IMG_5468.jpeg

IMG_5469.jpeg

IMG_5470.jpeg

IMG_5471.jpeg

IMG_5472.jpeg

IMG_5473.jpeg

71640156942__B0A9B637-CEB2-461C-87B1-459F57AABA04.jpeg

Last edited:
Hard work and perseverance will win everytime. Just the rough 80 grit shaping. Very little left to make this perfect. Thanks again Black Diamond Blocks, the new 24” prototype works great. Thanks for letting me test it.

IMG_5484.jpeg

IMG_5487.jpeg

IMG_5488.jpeg

IMG_5489.jpeg

IMG_5490.jpeg

IMG_5491.jpeg

IMG_5492.jpeg

IMG_5493.jpeg

-
Back