1966/'69 A100 Twins Build

-
Impressed with your tenacity! I finally finished my chicken coop project today, but now it’s bow season! I need to keep the needle moving somehow!!

Can’t believe it. Will weld in those 2 box braces in the morning and I am done with the metal on this thing. What a long hard road working on one of these unibody trucks is.

IMG_5645.jpeg

IMG_5646.jpeg

IMG_5647.jpeg

IMG_5648.jpeg

IMG_5649.jpeg

I would to know more about turbo FIed 225 … in case I do my other Dart

Are you going to replace the tailgate chains with folding braces like Troy did on his A100 at Full Scale?

Some moron convinced themselves these A100 trucks would easy to restore there is not much to them…… other than hundreds of square feet of metal get straight and paint. Base coat of epoxy scuffed with 180 and ready for a couple coats of grey SPI epoxy to get a fresh base so the filler will chemically bond. Plus now if I see red oxide when sanding it is time to stop sanding. That looks way better than I thought it would.

IMG_5663.jpeg

IMG_5664.jpeg

IMG_5665.jpeg

IMG_5667.jpeg

What a great idea! I was just slowly scrolling down thru the pics and when I saw you were at the point of sanding the floor of the bed, I thought, "I'd probably shoot myself in the face if I had to do that!"....and I enjoy doing bodywork! LOL. Sell the idea to that outfit you get those fancy blocks from. They could name them the Jiminator! :)

:thumbsup:

Well Jim I said it before on the Valiant build and I’ll say it again , you do marvelous work .
Or should I say fantastic body work !

Oh thanks for the Power Nation video, now I want to do that to my /6 !
But it won’t happen to that extent. Just a machined head Aussi manifold and throttle body EFI and Aussi valve cover . Oh and double roller timing set . On the original 123,000 mile bottom end.

Well Jim I said it before on the Valiant build and I’ll say it again , you do marvelous work .
Or should I say fantastic body work !

Oh thanks for the Power Nation video, now I want to do that to my /6 !
But it won’t happen to that extent. Just a machined head Aussi manifold and throttle body EFI and Aussi valve cover . Oh and double roller timing set . On the original 123,000 mile bottom end.

This thing has pushed my limits emotionally. I want it done.

I don’t blame you ,it can be a bit stressful doing excellent work and wondering when an if the problem's will end .

But like they say “small bites will finish the elephant “

Ran out of filler plus by noon it’s too hot and the filler hardens too quickly. Should only be a few hours in the morning and time for a sealer coat of epoxy. This is a ton of work but worth it in my opinion.

IMG_5674.jpeg

IMG_5675.jpeg

Just for you Neil

About 12 hours into this and it’s on the downhill side. A few more rib flaws to fill. The floor extensions and wheel wells can be done with a DA. Should have this all sealed up with epoxy tomorrow, Monday at the latest. It really makes a difference in my opinion. That extra detail of nice sharp/straight ribs.

IMG_5679.jpeg

IMG_5680.jpeg

IMG_5681.jpeg

IMG_5682.jpeg

IMG_5683.jpeg

the extra time spent now makes the difference between ''that's nice'' and ''wow!''. this like all the others you've done will be the latter for sure :thumbsup:
neil.

the extra time spent now makes the difference between ''that's nice'' and ''wow!''. this like all the others you've done will be the latter for sure :thumbsup:
neil.

Exactly. Unfortunately I can not settle for nice it seems.

Last edited:
Stick a fork in it. The heavy lifting is done. Tomorrow skim the flat side extension plates with filler and a quick DA to fill the pits then a little work on the cab back wall and it time for two coats of epoxy to seal up all this filler. What a job but it will pay off in the end with a clean crisp paint job in the bed.

IMG_5685.jpeg

IMG_5686.jpeg

IMG_5687.jpeg

IMG_5688.jpeg

IMG_5689.jpeg

IMG_5690.jpeg

That cab wall is taking way more time than I expected. It was kicking my butt when the clouds built up and started to sprinkle. Yup that’s why I stopped.

IMG_5697.jpeg

IMG_5698.jpeg

IMG_5699.jpeg

IMG_5700.jpeg

Last edited:
Waiting for the wax and grease remove to evaporate before a couple coats of epoxy to seal this filler. There are still pin holes and a few spots but from here on out it will be Icing glaze not Platinum Plus.

IMG_5701.jpeg

IMG_5702.jpeg

IMG_5703.jpeg

IMG_5704.jpeg

-
Back