1966/'69 A100 Twins Build

-
Rotisserie repositioned so I can get to the nose. Not bad other than a nasty dent in the box frame behind the bumper. Tried a hack with a torch, failed. Conflicted but in the end my conscience won out as I know he would be disappointed in me. Cut out the bad section and formed up a new patch. Total time a little over an hour. Took longer to convince myself that was the right way to do it.

My SPI order is delayed once again so I’m most stalled till the epoxy gets here. Need to clean up some. It’s getting too messy.

IMG_5931.jpeg

IMG_5932.jpeg

IMG_5933.jpeg

IMG_5934.jpeg

IMG_5935.jpeg

IMG_5936.jpeg

IMG_5937.jpeg

IMG_5938.jpeg

May as well stay productive waiting for the delayed UPS order from SPI.... mocked up.. Will finish it up tomorrow to clean up some of the parts laying around...

IMG_5939.jpeg

IMG_5940.jpeg

IMG_5941.jpeg

IMG_5942.jpeg

RH side is done, look at that shadow line! Sealed with black epoxy, 2k tomorrow and sanding for the money. LH side is getting there. Few more hours and a few more hours on the nose and it will be ready for final 2k and blocking. SPI orange and Motobase Frost White center stripe. It should be a head turner.

IMG_5954.jpeg

IMG_5955.jpeg

IMG_5956.jpeg

IMG_5957.jpeg

IMG_5958.jpeg

Again, a true genius at work. Look at those arrow straight lines!

Jim, it's a love/hate relationship! LMAO You hate it as it seems to drag on and on, but you love it when it's completed.

Got to late to shoot epoxy and have it set before the temps drop tonight so I sanded till I could not sand anymore. Just this corner needs be completed in the morning. Of course thinking the nose was just a little work was setting up failure. It was way more work than anticipated. The bumper frame was worse than it looked to make it flat. A little tape and glaze to make the body line perfect.

Tomorrow finish sanding the corner, blast a coat of black epoxy to seal the filler and create a chemical adhesion layer for the 2k on Wednesday. Then careful blocking to get it perfect.

IMG_5962.jpeg

IMG_5963.jpeg

IMG_5964.jpeg

IMG_5965.jpeg

IMG_5966.jpeg

IMG_5967.jpeg

IMG_5968.jpeg

IMG_5969.jpeg

The “bodywork” is done! 2k on this tomorrow and we officially start the paint prep work!

IMG_5970.jpeg

IMG_5971.jpeg

Damn, it looks good in black. But then again, I'm a sucker for straight black vehicles.

It'll be a show truck for sure. What are you going to do for a tailgate? Coated cables would look better than those chains, I think.

Lots of sanding and glaze work on low spots. Cab sanded prepped for epoxy and 2k. Yellow tape are spots that need more glaze work.

IMG_5983.jpeg

IMG_5984.jpeg

IMG_5985.jpeg

IMG_5986.jpeg

In the final stretch on the sides and nose. Fix a few tiny flaws, guide coat and block with 320. High build 2k on upper cab and 180 blocking tomorrow.

IMG_5989.jpeg

IMG_5990.jpeg

IMG_5991.jpeg

IMG_5992.jpeg

IMG_5993.jpeg

IMG_5994.jpeg

IMG_5995.jpeg

IMG_5996.jpeg

IMG_5997.jpeg

IMG_5998.jpeg

That should make it stand out well, I can't wait to see the finished product.

-
Back