1966/'69 A100 Twins Build

-
Jim, I sure hope you've been rewarding yourself after so many days of accomplishments. I'd say you have earned many steak dinners and chocolate desserts. Enjoy your successes along the way. It's looking good.

Was still on the nippy side yesterday after the storm came through and I sort of took the day off... back at it today... fresh epoxy inside the cab so I an 2k the interior of the cab tomorrow. While that was drying started to wet sand the sides with 400. The sides are ready for a coat of sealer and base/clear. As you perfect your blocking techniques you find you get better and better at sanding it flat uncovering area you thought were flat but were not... there is not one paint job that could not have used one more coat of primer and blocking.... She seems fairly straight
1f642.png

IMG_6082.jpeg

IMG_6083.jpeg

IMG_6084.jpeg

IMG_6085.jpeg

IMG_6086.jpeg

IMG_6087.jpeg

IMG_6088.jpeg

IMG_6089.jpeg

IMG_6090.jpeg

IMG_6091.jpeg

I only recently found the forum on the SPI site, and was reading all the raves about the Black Diamond sanding blocks. Does the big long block help a lot on the stage you're at now? I would like to have a few of them, I think. :)

I only recently found the forum on the SPI site, and was reading all the raves about the Black Diamond sanding blocks. Does the big long block help a lot on the stage you're at now? I would like to have a few of them, I think. :)

Oh yea!

The forum is much better than the FB page. Barry hangs out there and so do old timers that are super helpful.

I can't believe I am here, there are times I thought I it would never end.... RH side and front are ready for sealer coat and color... do the LH side cab top tomorrow and then....

IMG_6094.jpeg

IMG_6095.jpeg

IMG_6096.jpeg

IMG_6097.jpeg

That will look nice. I have a friend here who had one that was Turquoise with a white band. Looked really good.

Almost went that way... if I was going to keep it I would like have. This needed to be a knock your socks off head turner.. that is the reason for the Weber "6 pak" on the 225 as well. It will turn your head with the color and the sound of that slant will make you want to know more.

Time to play the “good enough” card. Room for improvement, for a six figure trailer Queen absolutely, for a knock your socks off car you can still drive it’s at that point and not cry too much if it gets a chip (ok yea you would get emotional). FINALLY time for color. Need to shoot a fresh coat of epoxy on the bottom so I can base clear that too, but not this week.

IMG_6099.jpeg

IMG_6100.jpeg

IMG_6101.jpeg

IMG_6102.jpeg

IMG_6103.jpeg

IMG_6104.jpeg

IMG_6105.jpeg

IMG_6106.jpeg

IMG_6107.jpeg

IMG_6108.jpeg

That body looks straight. What engine is going back in the bad boy, small block stroker?

That's okay, my reflection would look like a funhouse mirror if I did the bodywork.

-
Back