1966 Barracuda Hood radiator seal

-

bbeep71

Reaction score
I'm looking for a picture of Hood to radiator support installation for 66 barracuda. Seal came with no picture or directions.
Thanks

Here is a picture of my 66 hood seal. It seems longer than the post 66. It has openings cut for hood stop bumpers and A/C line to condenser.

Attachments

• hoodseal.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 438
  • clips.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 393
Here is a picture of my 66 hood seal. It seems longer than the post 66. It has openings cut for hood stop bumpers and A/C line to condenser.

That is correct for 1966, is that an original one? Looks nice!

Yes, it is original. It is not as flexible as it was years ago. It seems to do the job. We had some very hot weather here, with no over heating problems.

The seal is very similar to a wooden garage door nail-on bottom seal, just larger.

Wow,
That is WAY deferent than the 65 Dart seal. I would have thought they were close to the same.

Yes, it is original. It is not as flexible as it was years ago. It seems to do the job. We had some very hot weather here, with no over heating problems.

The seal is very similar to a wooden garage door nail-on bottom seal, just larger.

It sure is! Those are hard to find in used condition without cracks, not even sure if correct repops arw available. I pulled mine off my 66 Valiant, it was really dirty, can't remember if it had cracks or not but I never re-installed it. I am going to dig it out and see....

I have found that using Dawn dish detergent followed by soaking in white vinegar does wonders to rubber. I think the vinegar must dissolves lime or other surface solids to soften the rubber.

Just bought a bran new seal for Restoration Specialties. They sell it as a 65-66 seal. But it is a 66 just like pictured above. Looks dead on. Had to cut it down to fit my 65, but all the holes line up as they should. I think the shape of the rubber is a little deferent on the 65, but it looks way better than my dying one!

Looking at KitCarlson's photos, I can't see how the holes line up on a 65 and 66. The 66 seal is a U shape while the 65 is a L. 66 fasteners are staggered while 65 is straight across. What am i missing?

The only holes that are staggered on the 66 are the outer ones. These are in the section that gets cut off to make it the right length for a 65. All the holes that are left are in a perfect straight line.

Looking at KitCarlson's photos, I can't see how the holes line up on a 65 and 66. The 66 seal is a U shape while the 65 is a L. 66 fasteners are staggered while 65 is straight across. What am i missing?

-
Back