1966 Barracuda - Looks amazing! (Not mine) Craigslist Tulsa- Opinions?

-

1970dartcustom

of the Moore clan
Reaction score
Looks beautiful! If only I had 6,000! Seems like a great deal? Isn't it?

1966 barracuda

cudda.jpg

cudda2.jpg

cudda3.jpg

Yup, if it's real and solid underneath that's a great buy!!

Kinda weird pictures of the interior and engine. I wonder why the pictures are't the same size of the other two?

I can go check it out if someone is seriously interested & not in the area.

It looks beautiful!!! Reminds me of when i first saw mine!!!

Lots of things to check! Rust of course, but some small and pricey things like the rear tailight plastics are one to look over! They dont seem suncooked in the photos however.

Gas cap, if its loose or not sealing well, it will leak and mess with the paint as it did to mine.

All the seals i bet must be gone through for a 50 year old car. I see the door seals are giving up if they havent already.

The trunk prop rod!!! Better hope its there and that it works!! That baby is expensive and VERY HARD to find. Check for other extras in the trunk like original spare, jack, and whatever else is in there!!

Check the doors by shaking them a bit and listening to anything that may have fallen inside and wiggle them up and down. My driver side door had a massive wobble when i first inspected it.

It looks like its got real good extras like mine!! A/C, padded dash, woodgrain steering wheel, center console, i bet its got the AM radio.

It may be the angle of the photo but i believe the antenna is bent.

Correct me if im wrong, but i believe the barracudas were single exhuast right? Someone did the exhaust job then. Not a bad thing but hey, if someones trying to restore it i guess it should be mentioned.

Its also not an early 66 barracuda as its got the fish logos on it. After i bought mine, i realized it was an early 66 since it still had valiant styled emblems. Date on my cowl was September 15 if i remember correctly now. I thought that was pretty cool.
Just to note, i really like the fish logo. It gives a picture to the name.

Im sure you guys know how to inspect the car, im just pointing out some things i noticed on mine! Whoever inspects it post some photos on here!! Id loove to see more!!

Heres mine :)
20160727_140200_zpszvtkknqx.jpg

20151214_162721_zpsawghacyt.jpg

Sounds like a thorough inspection plan. Correct me if I'm wrong but if it's a solid car 6K is a great price. I would expect to have some work to do for sure

Sounds like a thorough inspection plan. Correct me if I'm wrong but if it's a solid car 6K is a great price. I would expect to have some work to do for sure

Im 100% sure someone can show up with $4500 cash and take it home! At that price, you have an extremely amazing car to play with and fix up without losing $$... thats if you dont keep it

It looks like it's straight out of the paint shop. The engine pic shows lots of bodyshop dust. A lot of the trim looks pretty tired compared to that shiny new paint. It's also missing the wheel well trim.

-
Back