1966 Dodge Charger

-
Car and Driver {February 1966}

Liked the styling of the 'new' 1966 Dodge Charger.

A good automobile. But the 383/325 HP lacked power. The added weight {+200 lbs.}
over the similar Dodge Coronet 500 with a 383/325 HP puts a 'heavy foot' on the
Dodge Charger.

Though the 1966 Charger with a '426 Street Hemi' is a Rampaging Mammoth and one
of the 'Fastest Cars' to leave Detroit, it is not a practical engine for Daily Driving.

For appearance and style, the 1966 Dodge Charger is an exciting new car. But for
'Performance', Dodge has woefully missed the mark here with the 383 4-Barrel.

1/4 Mile Performance............ 16.32 @ 85.2 MPH

'OUCH'

62-1.jpg

My dad has 66 charger he can't part with. Got broad sided in 2000 and he found the shell of another and purchased as a parts car. Still sitting in the garage at his house. Just a ton of work to make one car from the pair. After my 71Scamp is complete id like to get that project underway. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it though... The body work will be extensive and I don't have much experience in that area. Guess it could be a good opportunity to learn.

My dad has 66 charger he can't part with. Got broad sided in 2000 and he found the shell of another and purchased as a parts car. Still sitting in the garage at his house. Just a ton of work to make one car from the pair. After my 71Scamp is complete id like to get that project underway. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it though... The body work will be extensive and I don't have much experience in that area. Guess it could be a good opportunity to learn.

-
Back