1966 Formula "S" Barracuda

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
would you please provide details about the power train and the restoration ...very nice car.....

It is a Formula "S" car. I have the broadcast sheet, and the fender tag is still on the car. I still have the COMPLETE 273 Commando engine.
The 318 ($$$$) was built by MRL Performance, Jackson, Michigan. It is putting out over 375 HP. The transmission is the factory 904...just recently rebuilt...no stall. The rearend is the factory 323 sure grip.
Electronic "Orange box" ignition.
Eddy 650 CFM endurashine carb
Polished Aluminum fan
Chrome altenator
Rebuilt dash electronics (factory)
No cracks or splits in the dash or any of the interior
Brand new carpet from end to end (with sound/heat resist underneath)
New Legendary door panels.
Hurst Pro-Matic 2 shifter
Wood grain steering wheel with NO cracks
Refurbished Mopar rallye wheels wwith new tires
Dual exhaust with cut-outs (not electric)
Air shocks on rear
All of the chrome and stainless is nearly perfect.
$5000 paint job and stripes (approx 3 years old)

Along with the 273, I still have all of the parts to put it back to factory specs.

I can provide engine build information if you are interested. (I don't have it with me at work)

The "asking price" for the car is $19,500.00.

The price with all of the extras would have to be negotiated.

PM me if you are interested.

Glow Worm,
I love your car... I long for the day that mine is as nice. Curiosity questions: What is the gauge in the Ash Tray? and Do you know what rear it has? My build sheet says it came with a Sure Grip, but it has a 7 1/4 open (my guess is that they blew out the Sure Grip and replaced it with one they could get ahold of).
Thanks,
66Cuda-S

You are very observant.
The guage "in the ashtray" is/was a tachometer. I took out the ashtray and cut a small piece of metal and inserted the tach in it's place.
I never did try to find out if the factory tach worked until a few weeks ago when I bought a new sending unit. The factory tach does (now) work, and I have since removed the small tach and replaced the ashtray.
The Formula "S" cars came with the 8 3/4 sure grip and it is still in the car with the original (recently rebuilt) 904.

Anyone interested?

PM me if you are serious. I don't have to sell it, but I would if the price is right.
FishOutofWater008.jpg

FishOutofWater010.jpg

Plugsandtrim004.jpg

October102008Barracuda001.jpg

ShifterInstalled002-1.jpg

CarpetInstalled006.jpg

CarpetInstalled009.jpg

Wrapping links in IMG tags makes it so we don't have to click on them one at a time :) SWEET CAR!

The Formula "S" cars came with the 8 3/4 sure grip and it is still in the car with the original (recently rebuilt) 904.

My Formula S came with a 7-1/4 sure grip.:cry:

It is an early build, Production Date November 10, maybe that's why.

8 3/4 was an option in 66 7 1/4 was standard even on formula "S" but 3:23 sure grip was standard in both rears with formula "S"

We have been over this. 8 3/4 wasn't standard on a small block Formula S until 68.

E x c u s e.... m e...., but if I haven't seen the thread you are talking about then I wouldn't know you have been over this before..... would I? No need to get your shorts in a wad. Seems like every thread I read in here someone wants to argue or bash people WTF is up with that?

All I was trying to tell 66cuda-s is my car (and just about every one I have seen or read about) has the factory original 8 3/4 - 3:23 sure grip rear end, and that's what my build sheet says it has. Perhaps I did say it in a way that would insinuate that all 66 Formula S cars would have had the 8 3/4....and I apologize for that error. With older cars it would be entirely possible that a previous owner replaced the 8 3/4 with a 7 1/4.

Bottom line is it would have made more sense (to me) if you would have said the 8 3/4 was optional in 1966.

Too much DRAMA in here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back