1966 Plymouth Valiant Steering Wheel

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a fauq wood wheel from my 66 signet valiant that was wrecked a few years back. i also have the column for floor shifter.

Attachments

• IMG-20120528-00034.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG-20120528-00035.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG-20120528-00036.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 374
Have you ever had an estimate to refurbish it?

How much do you want for it?

Am I crazy or is that an Oldsmobille emblem?

Nope, That's the proper center cap emblem for '66 Plymouth Barracudas/Valiants.

never got an estimate, yes you are CRAZY! lol it is the PLYMOUTH "rocket" logo, introduced when plymouth started doing research for NASA. i believe 66 is first year for this logo.
asking 200$

Thanks for setting me straight on my emblems!!! Very interesting to know about NASA and it being the first year.

I'm interested in the steering wheel but let me check on how much it would cost to fix it. I have a line on a new, reproduction but would sure like to get my hands on the real thing.

I'll do my best to get back to you ASAP.

Anything else for a 66 Valiant convertible that you might want to get rid of??

i will go through my stuff and see what else is still there. if your a diy'r a couple of my friends have filled cracks with a 2 part plastic filler then paint their wheels and they have come out surprisingly well. i didnt want to attempt the wood look so i just left it and got a leather wheel cover that was the same color as the wood.
i think i still have the orig radio? i will get back to you.

A member here reconditioned mine for my 66 Valiant. he may have anther.
Yes this is 66 model wheel

Attachments

• sedan wheel blessing 021.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 316
  • GOLF BAG NAScar 068.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 344
  • GOLF BAG NAScar 064.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 309
  • APA weekend 046.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 347
  • APA weekend 033.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 336
  • APA weekend 029.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 347
  • sedan wheel blessing 022.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 331
memike, do you know who that member is that reconditioned your steering wheel?

FISHYPETE was the member that took the time to get it back to new again .

If I only had $300+ to spend on a steering wheel ... LOL!! Woody30 hooked me up. It's not perfect but I think I'm going to try to repair it myself. Wish me luck!!

you can use Epoxy ......or you can see how much the very talented Mr. Fishypete charges (if he takes customers?) :happy1:

you can use Epoxy ......or you can see how much the very talented Mr. Fishypete charges (if he takes customers?) :happy1:

Yep...checked with Fishypete ... Way too pricey!!

I think I'm going to try to repair it myself. I watched the YouTube video by Tony and it really does look that difficult ... Just time consuming.

Yup, dad (FISHYPETE) puts alot of time into steering wheels when he does them, if you charge for your time and supplies it really adds up :glasses7:

I have some steering wheels I am gonna attempt to restore, hopefully it goes good. If you do it yourself you can save alot of money if you have the time and patience to do it, I have faith in ya!!!! Pete told me that he said he would be willing to help you out by telling you what materials to use and pointers, he said he would help you through the steps too if needed, so feel free to PM him with any questions!

Just a suggestion, make sure the wheel you buy fits before you try to restore it :D

Yup, dad (FISHYPETE) puts alot of time into steering wheels when he does them, if you charge for your time and supplies it really adds up :glasses7:

I have some steering wheels I am gonna attempt to restore, hopefully it goes good. If you do it yourself you can save alot of money if you have the time and patience to do it, I have faith in ya!!!! Pete told me that he said he would be willing to help you out by telling you what materials to use and pointers, he said he would help you through the steps too if needed, so feel free to PM him with any questions!

Just a suggestion, make sure the wheel you buy fits before you try to restore it :D

Wait! Fishypete is your dad?!

Yes, he's been very helpful and I'll definitely let him know if I run into problems.

I BELIEVE I have the right wheel from woody30. I'll probably just use the steering wheel in its correct state until the car goes in for body work and painting. That probably won't be until next year. I'm hoping for a big Christmas bonus!!!

I need to start my build thread as I've made some good progress on the little car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back