1966 Slant radiator support

-

yooper822

Joe Roberts
Reaction score
I just got my slant radiator back from the shop. thought I'd hang it to see it all pretty and all in the engine bay. To my surprise the left side bolted up but the right side doesn't match up.....not even close!? I replaced the whole front of the car and the support came out of a PRE-65 a body. I didn't even consider something like this so now what? Do I have to use a 273 radiator?
249331_2107556412761_1361076797_2498106_8007371_n.jpg

As far as I know the early A slant radiators used a narrow driver's side bracket and a fairly wide passenger side bracket to fit the 22 inch wide opening. Could yours have 2 narrow brackets? Picture would help.

The radiator has a narrow left and wide right mount. The support opening is 19.5 inches wide and the holes are off by 3.5 inches. I'm guessing I have the support out of a v8 car?

I see you added a picture. If the radiator core is approximately 21 inches or so wide, looks like you need a narrow passenger side bracket. You definitely have a wide slant bracket on there now.

OK, Got some answers....Thanks Dartman!! I can't wait to see what else pops up un expectedly as I put this car back together.

2 wide supports? trim and drill...OR take it back and tell them "they got some 'splaining to do..."

-
Back