-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ValiantOne

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Contact seller
Neat old 66 Plymouth Valiant. Drive it, restore it, rat rod it, whatever you want to do! Fresh engine and trans. Runs good. See below. $1000 takes it!

Here are some particulars:

-dropped gas tank and cleaned with muratic acid, tank is not in the best shape but it holds gas ok

-replaced the tank pickup with a used piece

-replaced the engine with a 1979, 225 /6 which had about 80K miles on it. Did a freshen up on motor. Checked all specs. Gaskets and new seals all around and fresh paint. Disassembled head and totally cleaned. Lapped valves. New head gasket (of course)

-new timing gears and chain

-New belt, hoses, plugs, cap, rotor

-replaced the wiring harness “under hood” section, out of a 66 Dart

-replaced the transmission, is now a 1972 904 out of a Scamp. New front and rear trans seals and new trans filter

-upgraded from single pot master cylinder, to a dual pot

-Bent and flared new brake lines for entire car from master cylinder to every wheel cylinder. New wheel cylinders all around, new brake hardware all around, good shoes all around, good drums all around, front wheel bearings are cleaned and repacked, new grease seals. BRAKES ARE TITE!!!

-gear oil changed in 7.25 rear end.

-rebuilt carburetor (it is off car in photos b/c I have a sunk float) trying to find new float right now. **update** carb is back on car now.

Things it needs:

-floor pans, repairs were made before me, but they ain't pretty

-lower rear quarters, again, repairs made and look ok from 5 feet back, but I'd re-do them if I was keeping the car.

-paint

-front seats installed I have a bench seat for it that I have yet to bolt down.

-front end work. could use a front end rebuild kit and alignment

Other:

-Most of the trim, lettering, headliner stuff I have for it

-I have the original 170 /6 and 66 trans for it

-a few extra various slant engine parts

valsale1comp.jpg

valsale2comp.jpg

valsale3comp.jpg

Wow, that's not a bad deal, maybe I could build another one and this time use the straight axle I have.......:toothy8: Are you sure you want to sell it, would make a nice project car! BTW, thanks for the nice comments on my car!! 8) Keith.

resize2Picture 012.jpg

That is a great little Valiant, but I dare to say you are too far, how far is MD from S. Cent. MO I wonder. Shipping from chicago on one was $500, I would bet it would be a $1000 from your place.

Yep !! That is a nice deal.
But I am just south of Vic Storm, And it would be pricy getting it home.

Wow, that's not a bad deal, maybe I could build another one and this time use the straight axle I have.......:toothy8: Are you sure you want to sell it, would make a nice project car! BTW, thanks for the nice comments on my car!! 8) Keith.
Sweet looking ride!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back