1966 valiant 903

-

moparkrazed

Moparkrazed
Reaction score
Hey guys. Forgive me, I’m learning manual transmission/clutch stuff on this valiant. I just got the car in my name so starting to work on it. I’ve noticed the clutch pedal does not come all the way back up, only about half way. I can nudge the peddle from behind with my toe and it will come back all the back up then. I jumped under the car and see the adjustment screw going through the fork. Has the adjustment screw pulled through the fork? Or is the fork normal and my issue might be a worn out throw out bearing? I plan to take the motor out and rebuild and plan on replacing the clutch and related parts while the motor and trans is out. But just wanted to bounce this off others with way more knowledge than I have haha. Thanks in advance for any help.

25AC49B1-6C1F-4CA2-A376-B11D9FF5F24A.jpeg

Thanks for the reply. I can get a better pic of the z bar. It’s a slant six I’m not sure that matters with slant six/273 applications? I got the car a bout a year go, it was working fine but jumped in one day to move it in the yard and that’s when the clutch started having that issue. Thanks for the links, I’ll probably be contacting them.

Thanks for the reply. I can get a better pic of the z bar. It’s a slant six I’m not sure that matters with slant six/273 applications? I got the car a bout a year go, it was working fine but jumped in one day to move it in the yard and that’s when the clutch started having that issue. Thanks for the links, I’ll probably be contacting them.

in 66 the z-bar was used for either the /6 or V8. Just check everything, I've had all kinds of things happen to that linkage. Good to know it was working good at one point, you should be able to figure it out by looking.

in 66 the z-bar was used for either the /6 or V8. Just check everything, I've had all kinds of things happen to that linkage. Good to know it was working good at one point, you should be able to figure it out by looking.
Awesome thanks for letting me know. This was my uncles car, he didn’t get to start on it too much before he passed. I’ll play around with it and see what happens. Regardless I’m eventually going to pull the /6 and rebuild and make sure all the hard to reach areas at fixed up too.

-
Back