1966 Valiant Body Parts

-

ShaneT

Reaction score
Hi folks, I am new to the Mopar way of restoring so bear with me please. Am I the first to discover that there is almost NOTHING for a '66 Valiant or is it "old hat" ? I have been looking for quarters, right front fender and a hood-grill combo, no luck on most, save the quarter patches from Layson's...and for the record...not cheap. Is there a place that deals with parts for our project, or are we doomed to buy used ? Thanks, Shane and Son :salut:

ShaneT said:
Hi folks, I am new to the Mopar way of restoring so bear with me please. Am I the first to discover that there is almost NOTHING for a '66 Valiant or is it "old hat" ? I have been looking for quarters, right front fender and a hood-grill combo, no luck on most, save the quarter patches from Layson's...and for the record...not cheap. Is there a place that deals with parts for our project, or are we doomed to buy used ? Thanks, Shane and Son :salut:

Hi ShaneT,
I can't speak for all, but yes I do think your project will take some hunting around. Parts are getting harder by the day to find and aftermarket parts are very pricey even if you can find them. I think "all" Mopars are now a hot item and the parts we use to trip over are no longer easy to get your hands on. Many guys find it at times cheaper to buy a few cars just to restore one. Parts we use to think were garbage has become gold and a lot of guys save everything, however, I'm sure many members here can direct you to the right sorces. Keep your ears and eyes open and don't give up :thumblef:

Welcome aboard ShaneT. The 66 Valiant parts ARE hard to find, but keep looking because it's worth it once you get that car finished. Advertise in the parts wanted section, and keep checking the parts for sale sections here on FABO and eventually you'll find what you need. Where are you located? There's a place called Texas Acres I believe that has a lot of old Mopar parts so you might also want to contact them. Someone from the board here should chime in with an address or phone number for them.

Wildcat is not cheap either, most of the time his prices c an e a little high.

I have a 66 Valiant too. Parts are HARD to find but not impossible. Parts finding is part of the fun.
The hood is GOLD!!!! I drove all the way to Alabama to get one for my car and it was JUNK!!! I ended up buying a whole car just to get a hood.
The 66 Valiants are very unique so it IS worth the trouble. I am currently starting the restoration on mine.

I got this off another site. It might help you with parts. I need to stress that I DO NOT know this person!!!

Parting out 66 Valiant convertable. This car was hit HARD in the rear. Still some good parts left. Drop me an email with your parts needs. roadrunner@neto.com

-
Back